Chapter 1

"Ashton, honey come down stairs please. Dinner Time!!" My mother frantically called me down, and I followed her orders, not thinking about what could be happening. When I got to the table, I noticed a handsome young man. Although he was definitely not a country boy.

        I gave a confused look to my mom and then my dad. They both looked at me then smiled at each other. "This is Kevin, the new helping hand, and he will be helping you out in the barn for the rest of the summer."  I groaned to myself, what if he's never done this? Oh... I am screwed... for sure. "And he will help you tonight right after dinner."

        My two brothers looked at me trying hard not to laugh. They are both in college. Tommy is attending Louisiana State university and Tipper goes to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Since they are visiting for Christmas break they have the easier chores and do not have to work in the barn. They usually do the chores around the house, such as the dishes (hand washed), taking care of the garbage, fixing up the living rooms, and cleaning the guest house across the ranch for the visitors during the summer.

        I sat down by my still laughing brothers, who couldn't contain themselves. They both had a look in their eyes that said, 'youre in for a long summer'. I shook my head. Looking up to ask for the ham, I noticed how perfectly his face was built and how blue his eyes were, also realizing that he had been staring at me. I shook it off, regaining my thoughts and beginning to eat dinner as slowly as possible.

        About a half hour later I finished the last bite of my dinner, the boys had excused themselves about fifteen minutes before hand. My mother and Father looked at me and proceed to claim that I was doing this on purpose, but I just shook my head then asked to be exscused. I briskly walked to the sink and set my plate in. Listening to my parents conversation I realized that Kevin wasn't with them. I turned around to begin walking to the door when I ran into what felt like a wall, but was later recognized as the chest of a male figure.

        "Oh, uh... I'm sorry I didn't to get into your way, I was just wondering if you're ready to begin working." I loved the sound of his deep, rich sounding voice that had an accent I had never heard before. I nodded my head quickly, passing him to get my dark leather Justin boots on. Kevin sped around me holding the door open "After you sweetie". The only thought I could think of was 'woah, this is so new!' With a mutter I replied, "thank you!"

        I opened the barn doors, and walked in leading Kevin to his very first job of the summer. "So Kevin, that is your name, right?"

"Yes, Don't wear it out ya hear?" Kevin replied in the fakist southern accent he could muster up

"Okay then... Is this your first job on a farm?"

"Nope, I have just been kicked off of previous farms, this was the last option"

I looked at him in shock, he just shook his head, handing him the water bucket he put it into the first horses stall, Her name is Lighting, she was a racing horse until she got a pretty bad injury in her back left leg. Then we moved onto the next horse named Thunder, Lightining's brother, putting water in his stall. The sibling horses have to constantly be with each other, or else the will get lonesome and tempermental.We got them back in the begining of the year, after an accident happened at one of the near by stables. I looked back at Kevin who was looking at Lightining but not touching her or saying anything.

        "So, Kevin.. What did you do to get kicked off the other farms" I asked while looking at his tight muscles in his tight black shirt.

        "No, we aren't talking about this!" He yelled handing the bucket to me and storming off up to the room at the top of the barn.

        That was a really weird reaction, I thought to myself. Being the sneaky 16 year old that I am, I ran up to the room quietly, listening to the noises coming from it.. " I can't tell her!" BANG! "She'll never find out! I can't have such a gorgeous girl hate me!" BANG! He kept hitting the walls after yelling more comments to himself. What could he have done? I asked myself. The next thing I know the door swings open and there stands a very angry looking Kevin staring deep into my hazel eyes, his looks a lot darker than they did earlier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I am so sorry about the updating of my othe stories but this one will get updated and finished! I promise!! So please tell all your friends if you liked it. Also i really enjoy feed back from you guys! so please leave it in the comments and I will try to fix it and put i towards future chapters. UNEDITED. If someone would like to be an editor that would also be fantastic!