Chapter 1:

Her name is Sky Ambers and she is starting her senior year with all her other friends. She goes to Smith Williams High School, in Colorado. She's lived in Colorado since she was a freshman in high school, she loves it in Colorado except her family of course. She's usually sneaking out with her little sister and then sneak back in, it gets so bad that she has to leave her little sister for awhile, but because this is her last year of high school and she's turning 18, she's moving away with her little sister. She's still not sure where, but if she gets a full scholarship to a college, she's going to go there and her sister is going to be coming with her no matter what.

Right now Sky is laying in bed, trying to get enough strength to get up. Last night was a horrible night. Her dad was drunk as ever, her mom was high so she wasn't going to help. Her dad choked her and pushed her into a table last night. He left bruises on her neck upper arm, forearm, and her face. Plus the ones from before incidents, she has them all over her back and shoulder. She sighs and slowly gets up sore and hurt from last night. Sky slowly got out bed and went into her bathroom. She decided to take a nice long shower

A few minutes later she got out, feeling a little better. She wraps her towel around her and looks it in her closet. She got a glimpse of her arms in her in her full length mirror.

Hopefully it'll go away sooner than usually. She thought to herself.

She looked around her closet, trying to decide what to wear. After a few minutes she decided on a blue shirt with sleeves that go to her elbow, blue jeans, a leather jacket, and a infinity scarf. This will hide most of my bruises. I'm going to have to put on blend makeup on for my face. She thought to herself. When she turned around she saw her dog on her bed sleeping. She smiled a little at how cute her dog, Guinness can be. She's a mutt. She's a black lab and a chow chow mix.

She went in her bathroom, quickly get the blend makeup and putting it on her cheek. All she wanted it was for it to work, but if it didn't hide it completely she'll just lie again and say she got hit in the face with a football. Some jerk wasn't paying attention and it hit straight in the face. Once she was finished with the makeup she brushed her teeth and hair, her curly hair being harder to brush than ever, but it turned out nice after she was finished. She grabbed her book bag, iPod and shoes.

"See ya later tonight, Guin." She said to her dog while she was putting on her shoes. She sat on the windowsill looking at the forest right behind her house. Thinking about just running and being free gives her butterflies in her stomach, along with anticipation but she knows she can't leave Venessa (her sister) all by her self. Her dad might turn on her, and she can't let that happen.

She finally faces the fact that she still has a year left with this, I guess you could call a family. She turns on her music, putting in her earbuds, and then jumps out her window. It's a two story drop, but after years of jumping she learned how to land correctly and she's not scared of heights anymore. Sky isn't safe to go downstairs anymore, so she just jumps out the window. Venessa is safe to go downstair, so she can eat breakfast and then she meets Sky at the front door, but this time Sky told her not to eat breakfast. Today's special.

She landed softly on the ground, quickly sticking to the side of the house so no one sees and she gets to the front door. She leans against the pillar that is holding up the house in the front. She quietly waits for Venessa to come outside. Five minutes later, someone taps her shoulder.

"Hey, Ness" Sky says, greeting her sister. She gives her a smile and gives her a hug, wrapping her arms around her waist. Venessa is really short compared to Sky. Venessa is about 5'4 and 11 years old, while Sky is 5'8 and 17.

"Good morning, Stormy." Venessa said using Sky's nickname. She unwraps her arms from Sky and walks with her down the street.

"Come on. Lets go get something to eat, and then head to your school. My treat." Sky says wrapping her arm around her sister's shoulder.