Recover

As soon as we were in the apartment, we began on the lockdown- basically lock everything,and put the blinds down and put weapons in easily reachable area. We had it all planned out as sometimes gangs would come after us in revenge for the one we've tricked. Not my fault he's gullible.

Then we sat down on the couch taking everything in.
'Maybe it wasn't mum.' Hannah said to break the silence. She walked over to a floorboard and lifted it up. We leave cheap phones that we can throw so it won't be tracked back to us under there, with some cash as well. It's our 'underground bone stash'. Why did we name it that...well I don't know either. She walked over to the kitchen and put some disposable gloves on.

'How do you know?' I replied trying to keep the tears back.
'That's the point I don't know..so they will find out for us!'
She opened the package and took out a disposable phone. And opened a laptop to the Siri thing. She typed in what she wanted to be said.

-Hello? Police station here!
-Shut up because your only gonna here this once. We think there's been a murder. House 7 in lane 3. Head there now. Or I will go on a rampage and kill every citizen in Night Sky. Have a good night.
-Beep
'Your not actually...gonna like you know..'I asked
'The rampage? Oh I will, but not on the citizens'
'On the gang.' We said in unison.

Using our personal phones we ordered a feast. Food fit for a party. We had a shower and changed into silk pyjamas. Hers was a t-shirt with shorts and mine a crop top with trousers.
'I'll throw the phone away.And the trash.' I said to her while giving her a hug.
'James has changed,from the last time we met him'
'Everyone changes and makes new friends.'
'Sounds like a song lyric! Make a song!'
'Oh my gosh! Hannah we are OVER the song phase! I'm good at basketball and swimming though!' I chucked.
'That you are!' She replied.
'I'll also wait for the delivery guys.' I added pulling away.
'Yeah okay..I'll pick a movie. And don't worry it probably wasn't mum' she said with an optimistic smile.
I grabbed the phone and the trash and made my way into the elevator to head out the apartment. In the elevator I began making a beat to 'everyone changes and makes new friends. Those who are betrayed go on their own way'
I walked out into the cold night,threw my trash in the designated area and waited for the food. We also ordered from this new local restaurant that had just opened.
I felt a shiver again.
'No jacket Sophie...Great decision. You are the smartest person I know.' I muttered to my self.
'I beg to differ,Here's my jacket.' A deep voice from behind me said. I turned around half stunned.
It was James.
'Why are you here?' I asked while he was still holding his jacket out.
'Well for one we need to catch up. Two, You caused my girl friend to throw a riot over what you said. And three, I'm a gang leader. I need to scout other gangs. Especially baits..and I happened to find out you and Hannah are BOTH baits. And four..Your cold.' he explained while putting his leather jacket with the initals RC on the back.

'Well I don't think we need to catch up, two she was a bitch. I'm glad she threw a riot. You don't need to scout me. We don't even care about you in Nights Sky. Your the least of our worry's and I know I'm cold it's a cold night..' I responded giving him his jacket back.
'Hey sapphire—' he began.
'Sophie! It's Sophie'
'Well then... Sapphire' he responded.
'Look I'm really sorry. We were kids. Who remembers about their child hood friends anyway? And we had to leave,I was a child I had no say. And now I'm back and we can continue this friendship-'
'I know but I expected you to come back. And if you called that a Friendship. Then your delirious. We promised eachother to grow old together, marry,have kids and make Hannah our bridesmaid'
'WE WERE KIDS! KIDS SAY STUPID STUFF ALL THE TIME.' He yelled back.
'Um Ma'am? Did you order any food?'
'Yeah,I'll take it thanks!' I responded giving him money. He walked away.

'Your right,we were kids. Kids with big dreams. At least I had big dreams and you were part of them. I wanted you to father my children and you to be the one I said I love you too. But I suppose now you have another girl who's gonna say that to you and live her future like that. And you wanna know what? I'm glad you came back. You helped me move on. I can find a man who really will care about me.' I explained to him while struggling with the food I was carrying.

'Goodnight James, and from here on out we no longer know or associate with eachother.I hope you have a happy life and get what you wanted, even if it wasn't with me.' I whispered that last part. I walked away not looking to see his expression. As I made it into the elevator,I broke down.
'It's over,like Really over.' I muttered to myself.
As I walked into the apartment I saw Hannah shocked.
'What?!' I asked in panic.
'Tom Called'