⤻ NISHINOYA YUU

female! reader
he's part of the supporting proof that shows liberos can be attractive as fuck.

═══════ ❤︎ ═══════

i sighed deeply, hearing the thudding of a body against the floor but not seeing it. some groans were heard, along with cheers, and i couldn't help but continue fighting the urge to stand up and walk out that gym. it was painful for him, but it was for me as well having to witness.

the gym where the karasuno high girls volleyball team practiced; filled with cheerful girls that were ready to give their all in any practice or game that was thrown their way. me, on the other hand, i was here for moral support as the teams first year manager.

you would think that i would be out there, smiling and giving pointers and all of that good stuff, but i didn't see the need. our players were being occupied by some boy from the boys volleyball team. he was on suspension or something for an incident with the big man of the school.

"hey ( name ) ! stop looking so down and get out here!" i groaned, ignoring the call for as long as i could until it got too annoying. i stood with a stretch, walking over to the net and catching a ball that was thrown my way.

"damn, there goes me pretending not to know you." i pouted, hearing laughs from the other side of the net. "you know you wouldn't want to forget me." nishinoya cooed, shooting me a wink to which i rolled my eyes. i backed up, standing just outside the bounds as i looked down the court to him. "you ready?" i asked, and he nodded with a grin.

the other girls gave me a thumbs up, knowing i don't usually set. hell, i don't usually play at all, sometimes joining in from time to time when they're a player short during practice. i took in a deep breath, tossing the ball upwards, watching it go forward a bit. i took quick steps forward, jumping up into the air and hitting the ball out and over the net.

the girl on the other side of the net hit the ball, watching it go up into the air again and begin falling down somewhere onto the court. it was about to hit the floor when the same skidding from earlier hit my ears, making me flinch.

"yes!" a cheer came from everyone as the boy had slid onto the ground and allowed the ball to stay in play. i let out a dry laugh as i ran over, patting the players on the back as phone alarms went off. the girls started to pack up, saying their goodbyes as a few stayed behind to help pick up.

i looked at the clock, humming to myself as the time was only 6 pm. didn't think we would stay this late, but tomorrow was a saturday, so no one had to worry about rushing to do homework or go home to rest for the night.

i kept a ball with me, hitting it against the ground and catching it just as quickly as it came back up. i continued this until it was the only noise echoing through the gym, showing it was empty of people besides me.

"hey, you gonna set it or not." nishinoya called, and i looked over my shoulder at the boy who's smile was wide and his position was set to play. "only two people?" i asked, tossing the ball from one hand to the other as he nodded. "one on one. if i win - "

i cut him off with a snort, covering my mouth with my free hand. "you really think i'm going to bet on this? i've barely played, nishinoya, and you're like a god." i opposed the idea, watching him shrug. i groaned at his ignorance to me not wanting to go with it, but i couldn't go against him.

i tossed the ball to him, watching him catch it with a confused look before i punched his arm harshly. he winced, immediately trying to play it off as i watched his face twist with light pain. i took his hand, pulling him closer to me as he began sputtering nonsense about he was irresistible to play it off.

i pushed up his sleeve, his words stopping as i did so. bruises, covering his arms; big ones from longer and higher falls to small ones from not as harsh drops. i sighed as he looked away, his face red. "these aren't good for you, nishi." i whispered, letting his hand go.

he reached for it again, but i only skipped it over to grab the volleyball from his other hand. i turned around and walked to the supply closet, moving close to the basket in the corner. i tossed the ball in, smiling as it made it. "score." i hummed.

"touchdown." nishinoyas voice called from the door. i hummed, turning around and walking past him. i grabbed his hand, intertwining our fingers as i dragged him along to the benches. i picked up my bags, giving him his own. "come on." i spoke, dragging him along more with no complaints.

"where we heading? private room?" he joked with the raising of his eyebrows. i scoffed at his words, closing the gym doors and locking them behind me. i ignored him as he continued with non - humorous jokes, making my way down to the streets in front of the school and continuing down on the sidewalks, looking up at the visible moon in the fading sunset.

"let's just hurry up, okay." i cut him off, making him frown and pout. "fineee."

_ skip _

he gave hisses as i tended to the light skid marks that broke the skin on his legs. i had made myself comfortable on the floor besides him, dabbing the cotton ball of peroxide over the red spots. "you good up there?" i asked, not looking at him as i got the tiny circle bandaids that laid in the box beside the bottle of peroxide.

i peeled off the sealing, placing them on the few spots that needed them. "peachy." i heard him reply, and i giggled as i finished the last one . "alrighty," i began, grabbing the box and the peroxide as well as the used cotton balls while i stood up. "that's the most i can do for the skid marks. sorry."

i walked into my bathroom that was connected to my bedroom, opening the mirror cabinet and placing everything in there that belonged, tossing the cotton balls into the trash with no looks to it. "it's fine, perfect actually. thank you." he called, and i heard light rocking.

i smiled to myself, fixing the part in my hair before i left the room. my eyes landed in the slightly taller boy sitting on my rocking chair in the corner of my room. his face held a smile as he moved like it was natural. "you look like you're enjoying it." i teased, watching his shoulder shake with his laughter.

"yeah, it's fun. where'd you get this thing anyways?" he asked, stopping his movements but not getting off. "i've had it since i was about five years old," i hummed. "got it with my grandma while we were window shopping." i admitted, smiling at the memory.

it was short lived as a thud was heard, and i saw that nishinoya had ended up on the floor. i groaned at his actions while he laughed. i moved to help him up, beginning to laugh with him as he let his weight drag both of us down to the carpeted floor.

"nishi, you suck." i muttered, staring at the ceiling, the markings in it signatures from all my friends in and out of the volleyball team. i reached up towards it, smiling gently. a hand appeared next to mine, and all i could focus on now were the bruises on it.

i sat up, motioning for the boy besides me to do the same. "your arm, please." i said, and it wasn't long until his arm was being held in my hands. i lightly traced my finger over them, watching his goosebumps rise.

i brought his hand close to my face, placing a light kiss to the bruise on his wrist. i felt him shudder, his mouth opening to begin asking what i was doing yet admitting he didn't mind it. i only smiled, continuing my actions.

"i can't really do much for your bruises, so let me have this last resort." i hummed, and he chuckled. "so you're not going to admit it was your first resort but you were just too shy to do it?" he joked, catching my gaze and beginning to wiggle his eyebrows.

i rolled my eyes, using my free hand to push his head backwards playfully. "don't get cocky on me."