⤻ KOUSHI SUGAWARA

male! reader
sorry dadchi, but he's gonna be gay for the reader here.

═══════ ❤︎ ═══════

"suga! you got this." the somewhat deep voice echoed through the air, followed by cheers and praises as i set the ball up for the ace to hit. it wasn't a big job, but i was one i took pride in during big games, small games, practice, even games that were just for fun.

like this one. it was a late saturday afternoon and hinata thought the team should join together to fill the day with random activities at the park. i didn't object to the idea of course, no one did - besides tsukishima, but yamaguchi got him to come along. being together was like being with your family, and we all thought of each other as second family.

the sound of the ball smacking against the sand caused the sound of a whistle to ring out, signaling the end of the game. i laughed, feeling the weight of several arms wrap around me and mess up my hair. "you did good! the way you set the ball made it possible for us to win this set!" nishinoya praised me, that grin he always has on his face present.

"thanks guys, but it was nothing." i flushed, waving them off as they continued to shout good things. i allowed them, knowing they only meant the best out of it. finally, they stepped off so we could thank the other team for the good game.

"suga, you were great! your team won!" the same voice from earlier hit my ears as the comforting warmth of familiar arms wrapped themselves around me. i hummed with my smile growing bigger, causing light teasing to come from the others. "it's was nothing, like i said." i shoved the boy playfully away.

he only laughed, shaking his head as he was picked up and spun around. "tanaka! you asshole put me down!" ( name ) squirmed in his arms while i received a wink from the said man. "you wanna go back into sugas arms, is that it? awee, you loooove him ~ "

( names ) face flushed into a color that was probably deeper than my own. with a whine and the back kicking of his foot, he landed back onto the ground while tanaka landed on the ground face first with groans of pain leaving his mouth. "don't do that again." he instructed, getting a weak thumbs up.

( name ) turned to look at me again, a lopsided smile on his lips before he moved to wrap his arms around me once again. i did the same, returning his warmth and embrace as my hand ruffled his hair. he hummed at the feeling, his arms around my torso tightening as background sounds of lecturing made me smile.

we were always like this, ( name ) and i being close close friends to this extent and us being constantly teased lightly by the other members of the team. besides tanaka, of course, and hinata didn't know a thing he was saying about us. the poor kid.

sometimes, during times like these, i always get this tight feeling in the pit of my stomach, and daichi always tells me later on that my face was either really red or light pink took over my cheeks. i've seen school girls get that way over the guys, and i knew that i wasn't a female but.. ah haha -

"hey," a stinging hit my forehead and i looked down at ( name ) , who was looking up at me with a smile. "you alright?" i nodded in response, my eyes moving from him to the chaos behind his back. nishinoya had tanaka in a headlock while daichi was trying to separate them. little guy had strength, and a lot of belief in himself. let's just hope it doesn't get too out of hand.

"alright, time to eat!" tanaka shouted over everything else going on. i shook my head, coming out of my thoughts. guess daichi got them off each other quickly, which isn't what normally happens. cheers came from a few, ( name ) included. it had been some time since breakfast, and we didn't have much for lunch but a snack or two. "alright, i'll go get the bags." nishinoya declared and it wasn't long until he and hinata were racing off to the bikes.

"they're weird." the male standing next to me chuckled, and i joined in. we made our way over to the tables underneath an area of trees that provided enough shade for us, despite how dark it was already the heat was still beating us down.

_ skip _

"today was a great day." i hummed, my arms resting on my shoulders and behind my head, my hands intertwined with each other. "it was! there was the bike riding before the park, those hills we went down that went like 'whoooosh'! and then the volleyball game where you were like 'weeeee' and then everyone was like 'whooo' and - "

he stopped talking, catching his breath in short, deep huffs. "yeah, don't rush yourself when you talk please." i lectured, laughing as he punched my arm. it hurt a bit too, but i wouldn't say that.

"yeah yeah, thanks mom." he hummed, kicking his feet at the dirt which flew up and blew away with the breeze. i could sense the change in his demeanor and it made me looked at him questionably. "hey, suga?"

"yeah?" i looked down at him, seeing his face flush up and his hand rubbed at the back of his neck. it was a habit of his when he was nervous, so i didn't understand why he was acting this way now.

"you... i'm.. i just, you know when someone likes someone else?" ( name ) began, and i nodded my head at his question. he seemed to be struggling, and i had this tightening feeling in the pit of my stomach. what was he trying to get at here?

"suga, what i'm trying to say is.." he sucked in his breath, before bowing down, his voice loud and clear enough to where i could hear his words. "i - i like you!"

i was taken back, part of me scared and the other part relieved. "you... me? are you sure me?" i knew it sounded a bit rude, and it very obviously didn't help him with his confession as he began stuttering and sweating visibly.

"i - i'm sorry if you don't feel t - the same, i should ha - have k - kept my mouth shut." i could tell he was about to break down completely if i didn't say anything. i was proven wrong, he gave me and apologetic look after a while and turned to walk away - his steps lagging.

my mind was racing with thoughts ranging from chasing after him to letting him walk away and not saying anything. i had never thought of him as more than a friend, maybe once... i just never knew what to think of the idea overall. i never really thought this would happen.

i didn't think much as i ran after him, quickly grabbing his hand and pulling his chest harshly against my own. i looked down at him as he looked up at me, his cheeks trailing fresh tears that were still pooled at the corners of his eyes. my heart ached at the sight , and i knew my next move would be something that was way out of character but something i wouldn't regret at all.

i pressed my lips against his, my eyes shut tightly. he was frozen for a bit before i felt his lips pushing back on my own. butterflies filled my stomach at the feeling, and i knew that i would want this again and again.

"i - i like you too, ( name ) ." i whispered against his lips.

and bam, i'm gay.