Chapter One: The First Sighting

***Author's Note*** Edited the Prologue with an Author's Note so be sure to read it first.  Thanks!

CHAPTER ONE

The First Sighting

-Jeric's POV-

Yellow and blue. That's the only color I'm seeing right now.

Hindi pa nagsisimula yung game, pero sobrang hyper na ng mga tao dito sa MOA Arena. The Yellow crowd is proudly waving their catchy banners, energetically cheering along with the Yellow Jackets and randomly screaming our names from all sides of the court. They even fill out the seats for the blue side. Ibang klase talaga yung support ng mga Thomasian.

The Blue crowd, on the other hand, remains their usual intimidating and calm self.

The crowd is an instant uplift. Whether it's the yellow side or the blue one, nakakataba ng puso yung turnout. It's probably the biggest crowd we had this season and it's overwhelming how these people came to support their alma mater.

I don't know how it turned out to be like this. Yung inaabangan talaga ng mga fans yung match-up namin, twitter world is talking about, people write stuff about it. Probably it's because of the first round lose that we gave them that turns out to be the only flaw in their win-lose column.

Now is our second round match up with them this season. We have beaten them in the first round kaya may kumpyansa kami na manalo ulit ngayon. Pero syempre, di papatalo yan mga yan. We just have to give it our all until the final buzzer and the team that wanted it most will get it.

With this kind of support, papatalo ba kami? Hell no!

-Arya's POV-

And the blue crowd rises as the arena barker announces the first five. Oh how I miss chanting along this cheer. Goosebumps!

*Go Ateneo! Go Ateneo! Go Ateneo! *

My first UAAP game to watch in five years. Nothing's better than being one with this energetic crowd. The Atenistas usually looks forward to a DLSU match up, it is given, but I never knew this rivalry is cooking up since the last time get to watch them play.

FYI, the last game I ever watch live was that heartbreaking finals lost back in '06. Still pains me up to now remembering how sad it was.

     "But do not fret, Shobe." My sister told me on the way to the venue. (which amazes me by the way. MOA Arena is one state of the art breakthrough!) "It's been six years. New team, new players, we're going for the five-peat... It is ours." Then she gave me this silly grin and we both erupted in laughter.

The spirit of college basketball here at home never fails to amaze me, and it's definitely one of the things I missed the most while I'm away. 

Here I am, sitting at the front of the stands with my whole family, wearing my blue shirt, cheering along with the rest of the Ateneo faithfuls behind me. All I can say is that it's good to be finally home. 

As I got too carried away savouring the moment, a group of teenage girls seated behind us started screaming and squealing like a crazy person. I turned around to look at them and gave them a small smile.

    "Kamandag ni Kiefer." My sister commented. Her name is Hayden by the way.

    "Of course." That's all said. From what I can remember, Kiefer Ravena is just a scrawny kid playing for the Blue Eaglets. But he went from that scrawny boy to the Eagles' big hero in recent years.

The first five of both teams are now huddled in the center of the court as they gave each other quick handshakes.

As the MOA Arena crowd gets overly excited for the start of the game, my attention caught something else. Right in front of us are the three referees and a guy from the opposite team approaches them for a handshake as well.