PROLOGUE

A.N This book is told from Rages POV Except the prologue. Please feel free to point out any mistakes you see. Hope you enjoy the first chapter!

——————————————————————

"She's dying," Doctor Martin tells my mother.

I watch as she covers her mouth with shaky hands, holding back the scream threatening to escape. I don't see the importance of it. The tears streaming down her face are enough for anyone to tell.

It's never advisable to hold in grief, at least according to my psychiatrist Doctor Ariel. It's okay to be sad, it's okay to be angry. How do you know you're human if you don't experience emotion? Ezabel tries to comfort her, but in the end they end up crying together.

I wonder if they knew I could see them quite well through the transparent glass of the hospital door. It's three mirror design actually giving out three reflections of their ongoing 'private' conversation.

Doc had asked for a word with my mother. Guess it was considered rude to say the patient is dying in front of the patient, so he had opted they talk outside the borders of my room.

A little bit more polite but still pointless in my opinion. Reading lips came naturally to me.

"How long?" my mother asked her hands tightly clutching Ezabels for support. The doctor's face showed no emotion when he replied, "less than three months."

Really didn't blame the ass for his subtleness. Watching people die for 32 years could make you an expert at giving bad news, but I never did like Doctor Martin.

He was far too old and serious for my taste, with his lifeless brown eyes, tall skinny stature and pale skin.

He really looked like the angel of death. However did mother think I would recover under his evil eye?

I preferred Doctor Luke David. The junior doctor that attended to me every weekend for the last two years. Now he was the freaking angel of life with eyes that mirrored the color of the sky, blond hair and a gorgeous smile. It was what was expected from a guy with two bible names.

I told him I would marry him right after he quits and becomes a model, but with this happening I guess he would just have to find another.

Any girl who was not nurse Skai, she deserved to be with someone like Doctor Martin. Poor Doctor David was going to have a heart attack when he finds out I won't stay very long.

Sighing I jumped off the bed, yes jumped.

Unfortunately I'm a little too small or the bed is a little too high. Let's settle for the latter.

The cold blue tiled floors rattled my body when it came into contact with my bare feet. As quickly as I could, I found my shoes and grabbed my coat that had been laid beside me,

Laying my bed, I hummed a catchy little tune I heard Doctor Luke David humming last time he came to visit, fluffing my pillow and smoothing out the wrinkles. The next patient who lays in this bed ought to be more comfortable than I was.

When I was done I put my hands on my hips admiring my handiwork. I was NOT going to miss this place. Whoever had chosen the color themes of this hospital was truly ungifted. Be happy they tell you, but everything in the room is blue.

Blue walls, blue tiles, blue curtains and your damn blue outfit. You won't believe this but even the nurses wore blue.
I stripped the curtains off the windows allowing the warm bright sunshine in. It tickled my skin, my lips tugging upwards to a warm smile, turning as the door opened.