Chapter 1

It started last year, when I went to visit my cousin Scott McCall. 

"Hurry up, Kaylin! It's getting dark out!" I tried to speed up, but I was slow, and I hated being slow, I could never keep up with Scott or his friends.

"Wait for me Scott! I'm coming!" I ran through the deep thick woods Scott and I always played in when I came over, I saw him, but his image quickly disappeared in the distance. It was getting darker and darker, and I am deathly afraid of the dark. I heard howling, and I ran for it.

"SCOTT! SCOTT?" I yelled, looking for my cousin.

"Kaylin?!" I heard him panicking very far off into the distance. I heard the howling again, but even closer.

"SCOTT!!" I said tears erupting from my eyes. I was scared shitless.

"Hello.." I heard a unfamiliar voice say, I looked up to see bright red eyes staring back.

I stood there in pure shock, and fear. My mouth hanging open. I felt a sharp claw like object touch my face, and I jerked away. 

"Now, now. Don't be like that." He said, getting closer to my face, a inch away. 

"Please don't hurt me." I whispered, my lip quivering.

"KAYLIN!" I heard Scott call, closer than before, Then I got a sharp pain in my side. I looked down to see what appeared to be dog- like teeth marks in the side of my waist, near my pantie line. I looked up to see the man, a few years older than me, gone.

"Oh my god! Kaylin! What happened?!" I felt as though eyes where watching me from behind to see what I might say.

"A dog bit me, It must have gotten lose from it's owner or something." I lied, knowing what had really happened. I had been bitten by a Werewolf.

*One year later* 

I was waiting on Scott's front step, tears running down my face. Just waiting for the warm embrace from my aunt Melissa, and Scott. The door swung open, and I got a tight hug from my aunt, she was also crying.

"Kaylin. Come in sweetheart." She cooed. I had just lost my parents in a car crash the week before. 

"Auntie, where's Scott?" I said placing my bags in the guest room, which was now my room.

"At Lacrosse practice, He'll be home soon." I nodded, smiling. I sat on my bed, crying waiting for the moment where he would walk through the door.

"Mom! I'm home. Stiles is here too!" I heard the voice of my 16 year old cousin walk through the door. 

"Hi, Ms. McCall!" I heard another voice call out. I peeked out of my room and saw Scott and his friend, turn to go to his room, which was the one across from mine.

"Kaylin?" He saw I was crying, and ran to me, pulling me close. 

"Scott..." I said burring my face into his shoulder, balling my eyes out. 

 "I.. I'm going to leave you guys alone." And his friend walked into Scott's room. I looked up at Scott, and he had a slight shocked expression on his face. I caught a sent from him, a familiar sent.

"Scott." He looked down and are eyes locked, "I need to talk to you." I dragged him into my room, and shut the door.

"You smelt it on me didn't you?" He began, I looked down and bit my lip.

"Yes. You smelt it on me, that's why you where so shocked." He nodded confirming that I was correct, "Does your friend know.. About this." referring to what we were. He nodded.