Chapter 1: Close Call part 2

*Haley's P.O.V*
I jolted awake from the nightmare and took a deep breath.
"Haley, what's wrong?"I heard a tired voice ask. I looked over to see my sister Nicole waking up.
"Nothing just the usual nightmare about mom and dad."I reply sarcastically.
She sighed and rolled over on her sleeping bag, falling back asleep. I rolled my eyes and got up, changing into my usual outfit. I grabbed my bow and slung it over my shoulder with my arrows. I walked out if my tent and over to West.
"Morning Haley..."he mumbled. I yawned and nodded, muttering a quiet,'morning' before walking down the dirt trail that led into the woods.
*half hour later*
I was still walking through the woods, trying to find some real food for the group when I came across a little house. I peered through the dirty window saw no walkers so I quietly walked up to the door and grasped the rusty nob.
I slowly opened the door and winced at the loud creaking of the rusty hinges. I pulled my flashlight out and clicked it on. I searched the room for anything useful to the group and grunted when I didn't find anything.
"Seriously? Nothing?!"I growled to myself.
I slowly crept into the other room and froze as the horrible stench of rotting flesh filled my nose. I aimed my bow at the door with an arrow ready as the sound of groaning rang my ears. Walkers filled the room and I stumbled back. There were only three but I was a small thirteen year old.
I let the arrow fly and watched as it lodged itself into the head of the first walker. I reached for another one when one of them grabbed my arm. I ripped it away and slammed the arrow deep into its head. The last one fell on top of me and I struggled to keep it's snapping teeth away from my face.
I grabbed my handgun and stuck it in the mouth of it and pulled the trigger. I shoved it off me and got up, only to hunch over and empty the contents in my stomach.
"Disgusting..."I muttered, wiping my mouth with my sleeve before grabbing my weapons and running back to camp.