Chapter 3: The earring

We both got settled into my bed as soon as we got to my house. Within seconds, i could already hear Amber slightly snore. I quickly opened my phone and started to type a new message. "Hey, sorry Jake. I didn't mean to fall asleep on you. I get a little weird when i drink." Seconds later I heard a slight buzz. I began to read, "It's no problem. Check your pocket." 

My pocket? I ran over to my desk chair where my coat was hanging. I reached into every single pocket untill I found an unfamiliar object. I pulled it out and it was an earring. My earring. The same earing that i had lost at the football game over 2 months ago. How did Jake have it? and why did he keep it for so long?

"What are you doing?" Amber groaned as I got back into the bed.

"I needed to plug in my phone. Sorry, goodnight."

That night, I had a dream about Andru. It was the same thing as our brakeup, except I was kissing some one, i couldn't see who. He threw his flowers at me and ran away. I laughed and proceeded. 

I woke up in a jolt. I heard the clock chime 10 times. i groaned and rolled over to see that Amber was gone. I jumped into the shower and went downstairs. I could already smell Amber's pancakes at the bottom of the stairs. 

"Goodmorning sleepy!" she yelled as soon as i turned the corner.

"Whatever. making some for me?"

"of course! and you have some talking to do."

"about..?" 

"Jake."

"oh.. well i was sitting alone and he just walked up to me. we talked for a bit and then exchanged numbers..."

"he has a phone?!"she asked. i laughed remembering i asked the same question.

"yeah. and he texted me to come outside and he had a drink for me."

"oh. well alright."

She set a pile of pancakes in front of me and I immediately began to eat them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My phone buzzed. hoping it was Jake, i quickly opened my phone and started to read. "I just saw Shelby at the park with some guy.. not  Andru!"  It was from Amber.

Oh great.  I didn't really care so I just set my phone down and decided to take a nap. 

When i woke up from my nap it was dark outside. I glanced at my clock and it said 4:00 am. I knew i wouldn't be able to sleep so i decided to go on a run. I changed into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt and made my way to the front door. i stepped outside and started jogging. I jogged about 4 blocks when suddenly a car started to creep to a stop. I looked over once i heard a familiar voice yell "Get in!" It was Jake.

"Why are you running around at 4 in the morning?" he said when i got in.

"why are you driving around at 4 in the morning?" i replied as he chuckled.

"I got hungry."

"Hungry? Okay then you can drop me off at this stop sign and go eat."

"You're coming with,  Lynn."

"I don't have any money."

"It's okay, I'll pay." i sighed and just looked out the wondow untill we pulled up to McDonalds.

He quickly got out and opened my door for me, as well as the reastaurant door. 

"Don't these places ever close?" i asked.

"Not untill America shuts it down." we both laughed.

We ordered out food and just as i went to sit down, he grabbed my hand and said, "We are eating out."  i looked at him for a second and then got up and followed him to the car. 

We drove around for about 15 minutes untill he pulled up to a spot off of the highway.

"Follow me." he said with the food in his hand and a blanket in the other.

We walked up a pathway and he stopped at the top of a hill. He layed out the blanket and set the food down.

"Come over here for a minute." he said standing at the edge of a cliff. i went over to where he was and saw the most outstanding view of our small town that i have ever seen. 

"Wow, this is beautiful" i blurted out.

"I come up here everyday.. to get away from things, you know?"

"Yeah. This is amazing."

"good.. now that we have seen something AMAZING, can we eat some amazing breakfast?"

"sure, because McDonalds is so elegant." i replied as we both chuckled and began to eat our food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE: 

This chapter took me a while but it was worth it :D I don't think i have any readers yet, but i still feel this update is necessary. I know it isn't a monday.. but oh wellI will update as i feel.