2. His Family

Next morning, she woke up at 4 a.m. which was her daily routine. After her daily chores, she went to the breakfast table exactly at 8 a.m. After a few seconds she heard heavy footsteps and stood at her place. Her Baba settled on his chair after that she sat back on her place. Silently both were having breakfast when he said, "Ek gantey mey apkey in-laws aa jayegey isliye khana jaldi khatm karey aur ready ho jaye!"

It was a cue for her to finish her breakfast and leave to get ready.

She stood and said nervously, "Main-- ready--"

"You can go!", Her father dismissed her cutting her off.

She nodded and left the dining room.

In her room, her dress was already placed with the jewellery. She picked it and changed it. The hairdresser and make-up artist came inside her room and she squirmed at her place looking two faces at her room. Usually, no one comes inside her room. The only time anyone comes in to clean her room.

"Ma'am we are here get you ready!", They said and nodding she stood and sat in front of the mirror. Looking at the make-up artists who were opening too many make-up things she again tucked her hair strand behind her ears.

To her luck, as the beauticians knew the event they did minimal make-up and a little curl of her hair beautified her look.

After getting ready she sat at her bed waiting for the instructions.

After two hours, she was called downstairs in the main hall where everyone was sitting.

Two of the helpers of the mansion came and took her downstairs. Keeping her eyes and head down because of her nervousness she followed them silently.

She can clearly hear the laughs and talks of a few people who she has anticipated to be her future in-laws. Slowly she reached the drawing-room where everyone was sitting. She stood at the door waiting for her Baba's permission to come inside the room. The helper with her knocks the door to grab their attention.

"Aap andaar aa sakti hai!", On getting the instruction she went inside slowly without looking up. Nervously she was fidgeting with fingers hiding it with her chunni.

"Yeh Nandini hai, Malhotra Sahab!", Her Baba introduced her.

Mr Raj Malhotra who was a strict yet soft-hearted person nodded while his wife Nyonika Malhotra gushed with happiness sitting beside him. But being the king and queen they have to maintain their aura. They waited for Mr Murthy to introduce them to her but finding no further approach both looked at each other.

After the silence of a few seconds, Nyonika stood and went to Nandini. Cupping her chin softly she said, "You're so pretty! Just like a fairy!"

Tucking her hair nervously, Nandini whispered a 'Thank you' which only Nyonika heard.

"You deserve it!",. Nyonika's next step startled Nandini as she took her in the hug which was a very new thing for her because she was not used to people touching or hugging her. Nervously she fisted her clothes on the side and flinched a little as she never learnt in her homeschool and books that 'how to respond a hug'. Her heart was thumping loudly in her rib cage which in the silent room can be heard by Nyonika.