3. The Engagement

Nandini smiled in bliss as she heard the endearment for herself and nodded in yes looking at her face in a daze.

"Toh bhai! Bhabhi pasand aayi?", Mukti teased Manik.

Ignoring her Manik turned to Mr Murthy, "We have to make some changes in the contract, Mr Murthy!"

"Haa jarur! Jaisa aap bolo beta!", He answered while Nandini stole a look of her father who was used endearments for Manik.

"Thik hai fir! Kal miltey hai for the engagement!", Raj said and all stood.

"Mr Murthy! My friends want to meet Nandini! So the day after the engagement, Mukti will pick her for the shopping and small get together!",. Manik said while moving towards the main door.

Mr Murthy nodded while giving a small hug to Nandini, Mukti followed them and patting her cheeks in affection Nyonika also followed them leaving her all alone.

After they left Nandini went to her room. While changing her clothes she noticed the marks on her shoulders. Sighing she changed and went to bed to welcome a new day.

On the other side, Manik was sitting in his room thinking about her. He can't take her sacred and innocent face out of his mind. He can't forget her small smile which she hid before anyone can notice. But he was also angry about how she flinched when his mother and sister hugged her. How his mother smile flattened when she didn't respond to her hug. He was in his thoughts when Mukti bragged in shouting, "Bhaiiiii!"

He shook his head as if it can help to forget about her.

"Bhabhi k kahylo mein ho, bhaiii!", She teased as she sat beside him.

"No! Tujhey kuch kaam hai bol toh varna nikal yaha sey!", He said and picked a file from the side table.

Making a bad face she said, "Avi bhabhi aayi bhi nhi hai aur mujhey bhaga rhey ho!"

Sighing he kept the file aside and said taking her hand in his, "Mukti! Listen! Whatever happens! Whoever comes and goes! My family will always be my priority! You, mom, dad are my family! Always remember this! Ok?"

She frowned and said, "Bhai! I was teasing you! And about family! Bhai she's going to be your wife! You can't say like this! She's your family too! This is wrong! I saw you, bhai! You were angry when she didn't hug back!"

"Mukti! Go to your room!", He said angrily.

"No! You have to listen! Bhai you and I both know she is too naïve! You know that when later I rubbed her shoulder she relaxed Bhai! She felt comfortable! Apney dekha na her father didn't introduce her to us! Aap bhi achey sey jantey ho ki there's something with Mr Murthy and his daughter which nobody knows and when our secret detective took her pics you also noticed the innocence and pain! That's why you agreed and offered this deal to him! Toh kyu? Why aren't you accepting her as your family! Why?", She said making him sigh.

"But Mukti! She isn't what I thought! You in that fraction of second she mocked on me! Because of her, mom was sad! You saw, right?"

Mukti laughed and said, "Ohh! Toh baat ego par aa gayi hai! Bhai! Ego relation ko complicated karta hai! Don't let your ego ruin her innocence and your love!"

Saying she left the room leaving him in thoughts and regret about his behaviour.

Next day the arrangements were going on but she has nothing to do so she was studying in her room. Her father didn't tell her anything at the time of breakfast and lunch.

It was 7 p.m. when someone knocked at her door. Keeping the books aside she softly answers,"Aap aa saktey hai andar!"

Two girls came inside and said, "Ma'am! You have to get for the engagement!"