Chapter 4

I abandoned my slippers and go straight alongside of the river. The sky was without the trace of any bad weather, all stars and clouds. Makikita mo din somewhere ang mga fireflies. And there is Mich, struggling to push the canoe on the river. It was her dad's actually.

"Hey, still got it kiddo? Still sure na hindi mo kailangan ng tulong ko? Looks like mas malakas pa ako sa yo eh. HAHA."

"Nope! Wag kang aalis diyan. Don't even dare to move a muscle. Ipapakita ko sayo ang tunay na lakas ni Michelle Morente."

"Well, whatever Ms. Morente."

Kahit na madilim, i could still clearly see the determination in her eyes to get that canoe into the river.

Lumapit ako sa kanya.

"Hey, i told you not to move a muscle. Why you gotta be so stubborn?"

"When was the last time that I am not?"

She just rolled her eyes.

"Come. The canoe's ready, madam."

"Whatevs. Kailan nga ulit yung meteor shower?"

"Probably soon. So madali na, sakay na."

We both hopped on the canoe and Mich started paddling it. Sa park kami actually, maganda daw talaga dito sa lake if you wished to watch the meteor shower. It is quiet, open and the place was really meant for these adorable sweet little things. Nang makarating kami sa isang place na sa tingin ni Mich ay magandang spot, I saw her getting an empty wine bottle and a piece of paper on her bag. 

"Hmm. A message in a bottle?"

"Uh-huh."

I watched her put the tiny little paper into the bottle.

"May gusto kasi akong sabihin sa isang tao pero hindi ko alam kung paano. So, i'll write it here and hoping someday, at the right time, mabasa niya 'to."

Tiningnan ko siya and i saw how her eyes sparkled.

"Alam mo bang sabi nila, pag nag send ka ng message in the bottle, your feelings will also be delivered?"

Half wanting to know, half not to, tinanong ko siya.

"Ah, ano ba yan?"

"Hmm ano ba, its kind of a love letter i guess."

Love letter? Para kanino? Kilala ko kaya? Is she inlove with that person?

Madami sana akong gustong itanong pero i didn't have the courage to.

"Oh."

"Hahahaha. Hey, im just kidding!"

Im not sure if she's telling the truth or not.

"Yeah, whatever."

Nakarinig ako ng tunog na parang may nahulog sa tubig but i didn't care for all i know my heart's kinda crumpled. Its funny how you can believe in something so much that you shut your mind to everything else. You can go through your whole life believing sa isang bagay hanggang may isang taong dadating na magsasabing, "Wait, mali ka." And Mich proves me wrong. Im not that strong and tough pala as i came out to be. And right now, i could feel some odd feelings towards her and hindi ko alam kung ano yung nararamdaman ko na yun. I couldn't get rid of that feeling nor stop it. Its weird. And awkward. So, to lessen that awkwardness..

"Ha.Ha.Ha. You know, dapat sinama nalang natin yung iba pa nating kakilala. Kita mo na, ang tahimik o. It'd be fun!"

"Ganun ba? Im sorry. I thought it'd be better pag tayong dalawa lang kasi. Im sorry for i didn't know i was boring you all summer."

"What? Mich? Hindi yun ang ibig kong sabihin."

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry for pestering you Ji. Sige na, pumunta ka na dun sa kanila. Hindi kita pipigilan and I don’t want your pity if that’s all it’s ever been.”

Bago ako makapagsalita, nagsimula na ang meteor shower.  The sight was amazing, enchanting, a once in a lifetime moment but i didn't know why i feel so sad.

-

Merry Christmas folks :)