Chapter 1

Joanna Anderson drank her coffee after arriving in New York. Sure, it wasn't a long flight, but her soul was embraced with her husband, Peter, and their only child and son, Troy. You would think that after all these years it would get easier.

Joanna wanted to relax and maybe get the chance to be a tourist but there was a call. Her job alarmed her at 3 AM. She left a note promising to call soon before she left.

She followed the energy and was led to a house. She found her way in and scanned. "This is strange, it looks like a normal apartment,"

"What the hell are you doing in my house? You have three seconds to leave before I call the cops!" the owner grabbed a metal bat.

She bit her lip and slowly turned. "What the hell are you doing Steven?"

He eased. "Joanna, oh thank goodness!"

"Hi, it's been too long," she hugged him.

They sat down.

"Would you like something to eat or drink?" he asked.

"I'm sure I won't be here long," she insisted.

"Alright," he said. "What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I'm afraid I have concerns and "they" have some as well," she sighed.

"You're here on business then?" he asked.

"I am, and I don't want to be but I took the oath," she added.

"I understand but I took one as well," he answered.

She felt a stinging throughout her body. There's magic here and it's overwhelming. Center yourself.

"I'll have to report it, and it won't end well for both of us," she warned.

"I know," he said.

"Which is why I came with a warning," she said. "I want you safe, and everyone else too," she said. She clasped her hands in his. She was burning and her body ached and spasmed. As she drew a final breath, she had a prayer in her eyes and tears. A prayer for safety, redemption

"I know," he said.

Then it was over.

"But I took an oath," he kissed her forehead and closed her eyes.