Chapter 1

"Say cheese!"

  Before she could react, a flash blinded Rachel momentarily. She rubbed her eyes and glared at her brunette friend, "Don't do that."

  "Sorry, I had to test out my new camera," Emily replied, excitedly. She showed the recently taken picture to her.

   "Well, don't test it out on me," she replied, blinking a couple of times.

  "But you're the only one that I can test on now," she said, innocently. "Anyways, look at how detailed the picture turned out."

  "Why'd you get a new one anyway?"

  "Someone scratched the lenses and it was just too obvious," she answered, mentally cursing the guy. "So now, I have to be extra careful with this onewhich means no lending it to anyone."

   "Come on, we have a meeting, remember?," Rachel said, dragging her friend who were still distracted over her precious new camera.

~@_@~

   "How'd you get these shots?" Nick said, shuffling through the photos.

   "A journalist never reveals her secrets," Emily said, smirking.

   "You're not a journalist," Rachel said, without looking up from her writing. "You're a photographer."

   "Fine, a photographer never reveals her secret."

   "But...did you climb on to the schoo roof or some-"

   He was interrupted when a certain blonde entered the room, "Hello, can I talk to whoever's in charge?"

   "That would be me," Nick said, running his hand through his mop of black hair.

  "Oh good, I need to talk to you about the picture you took of me last week," Stephanie told him, pulling him aside.

  "What? Her picture's not big enough," Emily scorned.

  "Come on, let's get to class," Rachel said, pulling her friend along, as usual.

~@_@~

  "Alright, settle down," Mr. Boston called out. "May I remind you that this is a classroom, not a zoo."

  A paper ball suddenly hit his head, causing the class to quiten down to see his reaction. He narrowed his eyes and tried to calm himself as he said, "Mr. Baxter, will you please kindly pick up the paper and throw it in the rubbinsh bin like you're supposed to."

  The blonde guy stood up, picked the trash and threw it effortlessly in the bin and grinned at Mr. Boston. The teacher told him, curtly, "Detention after school."

  He ignored the glare he got and continued, "Now, today we have a new student. Come on in."

  "Who'd join school at this time of the year?" Rachel wondered. She turned to see Emily still fiddling with her new camera. She nudged her to get her attention.

  "What?" Emily asked, not bothering to look up.

  "New student."

  "Guy or girl?"

  "See for yourself," Rachel told her.

  Emily looked up to see a new guy up front. He had brown hair, which is slightly neater than most guys here, surprisingly and his clothes were just regular like the rest. As far as she could tell, there was nothing interesting about him except for his cute face.

  Rachel can't help but roll her eyes when she saw Emily going back to fiddling her camera. She noticed some of the girls giving him the eye, as he took the seat at the back. The guys, as usual, weren't really paying attention. She took out her notebook, ready to jot down some notes or info that seemed either important but mostly to just doodle.

  Neither of the girls noticed the two blue eyes watching them from behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that was short, wasn't it? It's just the first chapt and a filler. At the side, a banner made by greydays_

Thoughts?