Chapter 3

I can't believe that I actually just met up with Harry again after these last two long years.

I can't believe that he actually remembered me.

I smiled to myself the next morning. He remembered me. 

Harry texted me first thing in the morning the next day. I giggled and texted him back.

He asked me how I was doing and I just told him I was fine.

He told me that since it was Saturday that I should hang out with him and the boys.

I took a little while to text him back because I didn't know if I wanted to.

Of course I wanted to hang out with Harry, but the other boys? They're all great guys don't get me wrong, but when I was around other people my mouth shuts and locks.

I knew Harry would be disappointed if I said no so I sighed and texted him back saying I could.

He sent me a smiley face and told me to meet him and the boys at the park at ten o'clock. 

I got changed into this ([polyvore]) and grabbed a granola bar before heading out to the park.

When I got there the boys were all talking in a circle. Harry looked up when he saw me and smiled.

"Hey Amber!" he said and ran over to me. I smiled at him and the rest of the boys.

I stepped on my toes and whispered something into Harry's ear.

"She said hi guys," he said. "Hi Amber," they all said. I smiled and waved. "So what do you want to do today?" Niall asked.

I shrugged and looked at Harry. He shrugged too. 

"We could stay here and hang out," he suggested.

I shook my head and whispered something in his ear. "She said that's too boring," he said. They all chuckled.

"Well what do you want to do Amber?" Louis asked. I looked at him and blushed. Something about that playful grin on his face made me melt inside. 

I quickly turned and whispered to Harry. "She said she wants to go sailing at the harbor," Harry said. I've always loved sailing.

It calmed me and even though I could get sea sick occasionally, I still loved it.

I never really got that sea sick. Maybe a little nauseous but only if I've been out there for a long time.

"I've never sailed before," Louis said. "Oh trust me, Amber here has taught me everything you need to know about sailing," Harry said.

I smiled and we all walked down to the harbor. Sail boats dotted the waters and the smell of the water made me smile.

I looked at the flag on the dock. It was a green meaning the weather was perfect for sailing.

"Guys, I don't know about this," Niall said. I just giggled and whispered in Harry's ear.

"She said that she'll tell  me everything to do and I have to teach it to you since she's being too stubborn to talk," he said. I frowned.

I didn't say the ending part where I was too stubborn to talk.

I put my hands on my hips and glared at Harry. He pulled me aside.

"Well it's true! These guys are my best friends and you really need to talk! Come on Amber you need to get over your fear!" he said. I shook my head.

"You know I don't like talking in front of anyone besides you! I can't it's literally a problem I have," I said. "What do you mean?" Harry asked.

I sighed. "Every time I try to talk to anyone but you I get nervous and I feel like I can't breathe.

When I got called on in class to answer a question I almost passed out, I didn't say anything and the teacher moved on," I said.

"You're just letting your fears getting to you, you were scared during the fire and now you're scared to talk," he said. I shook my head.

"It just doesn't seem normal," I said. "Normal is boring," Harry said with a cheeky grin.

I punched him playfully on the shoulder and we walked back over to the boys. My mouth locked shut.

"Ready to go?" Louis asked. His eyes were as blue as the water and they sparkled in a playful way.

I nodded shyly and looked away before climbing into one of the boats. "Amber, I'll go with Niall and Liam and you take Zayn and Louis," Harry said. I nodded.

Louis and Zayn followed me into the boat. Why couldn't Harry just come with me?

The boys could learn fromt one of the other instructers around the place. They always had free lessons.

"So how do you do this?" Louis asked holding the sail in his hands like it was some alien thing.

I just shook my head and took it from him before setting up the sails and then I sat down to steer.

Harry, Niall, and Liam already set out and you could see Niall clutching on the side of the boat. I giggled.

"What?" Zayn said. I pointed to them and Louis and Zayn started laughing. I smiled, but didn't let any noise out.

"So Amber," Louis said when we started out on the water. I looked at him. "Why don't you talk?" he asked.

I bit my lip and felt the nerves coming on. I shook my head and stared out at the water. I had an idea.

I caught some wind and we started going really fast and we caught up with Harry, Niall, and Liam. "Hey!" Harry said.

I just smiled and pointed to him and made the 'L' shape with my fingers calling him a loser.

"Oh it's on!" Harry shouted. He turned the sail and caught some wind and soon we were racing down the harbor.

Louis and Zayn looked terrified that the boat was going to tip over. I just smiled. Suddenly the wind stopped and we slowed down.

The sail swung over on the other side and hit Zayn in the head. "OW!" he shouted.

"You're supposed to duck and watch out for that!" Harry called from his boat, "it just happened to Niall too," he said.

I just smiled and soon some dark clouds started rolling in.

The wind picked up and I saw them change the green flag to a red one meaning the weather was difficult to sail in.

Harry and I loved sailing during a red flag because you always went so fast, but I looked at the boys who looked a little scared and decided to go back in to the dock.

"That was awesome, I haven't sailed in forever," Harry said. I just smiled and looked at my phone. It was already one o'clock.

I whispered in Harry's ear that I have to go.

"Aw, ok I'll see you later boo," he said and hugged me. I smiled and waved goodbye to the other boys before I left.

Harry

"Hey Harry, why doesn't Amber talk?" Zayn asked after Amber left. I sighed. I really wish I could tell them, but I know Amber would kill me.

"I can't tell you," I said. "Why not?" Louis whined. "I'm sworn to secrecy, sorry," I said. "It's just so strange, she doesn't let out a sound," Liam said.

"I know, but it's a long story," I said.

Louis looked a little sad. "Hey Lou, what's up?" I asked him.

"I just think she's really pretty," he said, "and I wanted to get to know her more, but she refuses to talk to me!" he said. I sighed.

"I'm trying to get her to warm up to you guys, but it's not that easy, she's a stubborn one and she hasn't talked to anyone but me for almost ten years," he said. "Ten years?!" they all said. I nodded.

"My god that's a long time," Niall said.

"Yeah," I said softly. I just wish Amber would get over her fear of talking and open up a little more.