Chapter 8

I sat straight in my chair when I heard the voice from my phone.

"No... it can't be" I said my voice cracking

"I'm sorry for disappearing.." ??? is said

That's when I finally realized who it was. I almost dropped my phone. After all this time adam finally reaches out to me

"SORRY! Are you kidding me? You disappeared for two years without any contact with me and you made me care for you and then you just up and left! " I said getting frustrated

"I'm so sorry I truly am. Please would you meet me? At the old studio please" he begged and I sighed still frustrated

"You will have fifteen minutes. I will see you then and you have some explaining.  I don't care for excuses ''I said with a huff and hung up the phone. I set it down and I began to cry into my hands.

Flashback to when she left for acting school

"Adam!!!" I said running towards Adam. He opened his arms for me and I jumped into a hug from him. I looked up at him with the biggest smile

"Thank you, thank you so much for mentoring me this whole time, I'm really thankful for all of this and everything. These last two years have been so life-changing and thank you so much." I said and he looked down at me, and I began to feel my heartbeat more and I felt so nervous. When we were close like this I never felt this way. Well, I did and it started to grow more. I felt myself falling for adam. Every time we would work together we both seemed to be growing closer, we spent the week and weekend together. We went to the movies, the beach, we spent hours and hours together during the day and I've spent countless nights with adam. Not in the way you are all thinking. We would never do that. I know this because he doesn't think of me that way. But I still fell for him hard.

"It was no problem. I enjoyed every moment we spent together" he looked down at me and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. And put his hand on my cheek and he leaned closer to my face. This time I wasn't going to run away. This time I was going to let it happen. I want this. I need this. I can't hold these feelings anymore. He was so close to my face and all I could do was look into his eyes. He then kissed me, he held the kiss for a short amount of time and then he pulled away and looked at me again.

"I'm s-sorry," he said to me. I shook my head no and then I quickly pulled him into another kiss. This time he put his hands on my waist and I held his face with my hands and he held me close. This time the kiss felt like I was on the clouds. The first time I didn't know what happened but I got my confidence up to do it myself. After the kiss, I looked at him and I smiled. My entire face was red. He smiled and I hugged him before I let go. I grabbed my bags and I looked at him and smiled again. The bus pulled up and that was when I got onto the bus and it was the last time I heard or saw him. Throughout the acting school, I went to I always had him on my mind, during classes and during auditions. I remembered what he taught me and how we spent my last day before school together. I got a part in my first movie and it was amazing. The movie was about a girl leaving the country with only her money, clothes and her dog Joey and her corgi. The movie was such a hit and many people loved the story and my role. The corgi we got for the movie I ended up adopting and now my corgi joey stays with me in my dorm. I tried to call Adam to tell him the great news but I couldn't get a hold of him. I tried and tried and tried, but nothing. I ended up crying for weeks on end. I eventually started to feel stupid about crying over him. Of course, he would forget about me he was famous and I was something for him to use as a coping method because of his stupid divorce. I was angry, really angry. I spent days holding a grudge on adam. I just wanted him to pay for hurting me like this.

Once I graduated from acting school I had taken a few more roles as a small character and one big role in a movie. I decided to head back home to where my mom is. I got myself an apartment for joey and i. I loved my corgi and that's all I need, me and my corgi we'll be together forever! Okay, I sound crazy.

Back to the present day

I was putting on my shoes and I was going to leave when joey barked and coming running towards me, I bent down and pet him he looked at me

"I know joey this is a bad idea but this might be good for me," I said petting his head and he barked. I kissed his head and left.

------------------------------

I got to the studio and I was hit with a wave of memories of this place, my chest began to tighten and I felt sick. I sighed and I slowly began to walk in. I went down the hallway and it was dark and I remembered when I walked down this hallway for the first time. I slowly walked to the concert hall and when I entered the hall I was hit with more memories of us.

That's when I remembered those words

" You want to be an actor? I'll make you an actor. But I cannot promise you that I won't fall for you in our time together. Please don't leave I want to make your dream of being an actor come true I'll do anything"

I stood there, I slowly began to walk down to the stage and I saw the piano. I got up on the stage and for the hundredth time, I pulled the cover off the piano. I let the cover fall to the floor and I sat down on the piano bench and I ran my fingers over the keys again. I blew the dust off the keys and I began to play the London bridge falling down, just slowly and it was a quiet slow tune. I just used my one finger to play the song. I heard someone walking behind me and I immediately stopped playing and stood up quickly turned around to see Adam 3 feet in front of me. I looked at him. His hair was longer and he changed a bit, I recognized him and I felt all of my emotions come back to me right then and there. He approached me

"Thank you for meeting me here. I'm so sorry"

"Explain." I simply said trying to sit composed

"I was afraid okay. I also had some business to take care of..." he looked around quickly as he said that

"What business?"

"I can't say. But I had no choice, it was so we could be together," he said and he stepped closer and I took a step back

"They were in the way. I had to. I had no choice"  he said again he smiled. And stepped even closer to me I stepped back and bumped into the piano bench making me fall down and I was now sitting on the bench, he was now hovering over me, I felt my face get red and warm I was used to his closeness but it's been so long it makes me scared but nervous. He was different than he was before. He's changed. He put his hands on my shoulders and I tensed up, all of my feelings for him were coming back.

"Adam stop you're scaring me," I said, my lip quivering.

"They don't deserve you! I only do!" he said with a strange smile, he began to get closer but I pushed him away and began to run out of the concert hall. I heard Adams voice behind me

"No! Please don't go!" he yelled and I heard footsteps running behind me. When I got to the front of the studio I felt hands grab my shoulders and I was pulled back, I felt his chest on my back and his arms wrapped around my chest

"Please..." was all he said. I felt his breath on the back of my neck and I shivered

That's when all the emotions finally got to me and I began to cry. We both slowly sank to the floor and since I was so much shorter than him he held onto me with ease and he held onto me as I cried, he shushed me and held onto me, I turned around and hugged him now crying into his shirt, he held me close to him and rubbed my back. This was all too much.

He sat with me for a good 15 minutes before I started to calm down. I looked up at him and he used his hand to wipe my face. This was all too weird. He cared still after all those years of us being away from each other.

He just sat there with me in his arms and held me close to him

(end of the chapter, I hope you liked it. It took me a really long time to write. share, vote and comment.)