Chapter 4

Cover by love_tom1

I was in Science while Dre was in Arts, so we had to go our seperate ways when we had different classes, like now. "We have the next class together. See you then," Dre said.

"Yes Mummy see you then," I said, pouting. She gave me a hug and skipped to her class. Dre skipping to a class, how childish. I sighed mentally.

Just so you know I totally hate school. I'd rather set up a business than spend my time in school. Well there is the good news for me. I have just one year left and I'd be through with high school and it's troubles. Now back to reality I have a class and don't want to be late.

I quickly moved down the hall to the chemistry class, well the teacher was there already so I was a little bit late. I cleared my throat and looked at the teacher.

"Good day, sir," I said, quite unsure of what his response was going to be, he looked stern.

"What are you still doing there miss? Get to your seat, class has to begin," he said looking at me angrily. Wow! I definitely didn't expect such response. I knew teachers were stern but he was extreme. I quickly went to an empty seat and sat. I didn't even notice Liam was also in science class until he tapped me and said something.

"Don't bother about him babe, he is a bitter man."He said while chuckling lightly. Whattt?? Did he just call me babe? Wait, yes he just called me babe, but that isn't supposed to do anything to me right? What's wrong with me? I don't like boys. Am I reminding myself of my opinions or principles about love? Is that right? Oh gosh I've got to speak to Dre, she seems to always have a solution to any problem at all.

I was brought back to reality again. Why am I always blacking out? Babe doesn't mean I love you right? Do I need help?

Get a hold of yourself Val, it's just babe, nothing deep. I can't believe I was taking this seriously.

"Miss are you even listening?" I looked up to see Mr Stern Teacher looking at me still angry. What did I do to this man?

"Umm...yes sir I am listening," I said while stuttering a bit.

"Are you? What was the last thing I said? In fact what is today's topic?"

Uh oh. I dared to look at the board, stupid me to think he wrote anything. The board was staring blankly at me. I turned to my side and saw Liam giving me a strange look, then he whispered in a way that I alone could hear him."Electrochemical series" he whispered. I looked up at Mr Stern Teacher. I know. I always have a name for people whose names are unknown to me. It's just a habit and trust me you don't want to know the name I've made up for you.

I don't know why I trusted this Liam boy by repeating what he told me to the teacher, but I did anyways.

"Electrochemical series," I said putting on my bold face and looking at Mr Stern Teacher in the eye confidently. The next thing I heard was the laughter that rang throughout the class. Why were they laughing? Was there something on my face or did I do something wrong? I turned to look at Liam and he was laughing too. Something must be really funny to have them cracking up like this, trying to join I started laughing too oblivious of why I was laughing.

"Will you shut your mouth!" Mr Stern Teacher said. That sounded more like a command than a question and for some weird reasons his eyes were on me. Suddenly the whole class fell silent and Mr Stern Teacher spoke up. "I get paid to teach you to learn, you know that right?" He asked, putting stress on 'learn'. I said nothing as I looked at my table.

"I was teaching, and you were busy thinking about what I don't know. When you were supposed to be listening, you were thinking. Do you have kids?" he asked quite harshly obviously enjoying what he was doing. Tears were struggling to fall and I was equally fighting to hold them back. I can't cry, that will be a great embarrassment to me. So I kept on looking at my table. What had I done? He continued talking.

"Just to tell me the topic I came to the class to teach, you can't even do that" he said. Wait what? I didn't get the topic right? I looked at Liam and he was looking at me with an expressionless face. He told me the wrong answer and I took it in hook line and sinker. I remembered I had done this to a classmate when I was in junior school. I had told him the wrong answer when a teacher asked a question in class and he boldly stood up and gave the wrong answer, and was laughed at by the class including me. Well that was a long time ago and he wasn't even angry at me then. And then I remembered the saying 'Do unto others what you want to be done unto you'. What I did to a classmate years ago is what a stupid boy I didn't even know from anywhere was doing to me. I was feeling the pain my classmate felt then. Mr Stern Teacher kept talking. I wasn't even listening until one word caught my attention.
"Detention after school," he said and moved towards the board. I really hate boys. Evil humans. I can't believe this, Dre wherever you are now I told you boys were useless. I glared at Liam who was smirking and I felt like wiping that smirk of his face with a punch.

Thanks for all the reads,votes and comments guys,I really appreciate it.

Please don't hesitate to drop a comment.

Please Tap on the little star below,yes right there. Thank you

Love Jessie♥️