Chapter 20

Cover by -mxuntains

"Dre, why did you drag me away like that?" I asked, slightly irritated and also confused.
"Be calm" She said looking at me. "What do you mean? This was not part of the plan," I groaned.

...flashback

"I have an idea."

"I am listening."

"It's very simple and easy."

"Spill already!"

"All you have to do is get Liam to take you to his house."

"Huh!"

"Get so close to Liam to that going to his house would become a regular thing for you. That way we would be able to hatch our revenge plan on Lice."

"If we do that, how would we also hurt Liam?"

"Come to think of it, I think we should leave Liam out of our revenge scheme. From everything you said regarding what happened on Friday, I think Liam was just trying to avoid a fight between you and his sister."

"I think that's true."

"Yes! Now we only have to deal with Lice. So you see I am a genius."

"Please spare me!"

…end of flashback

"Change of plans," she said. I just kept staring at her with a confused look, demanding a sensible explanation. "Don't act your normal self," she said staring back at me.

"I don't get you Dre, get to the point already," I said. "Still act offended," she said with a serious look. "Why?" I asked. "To let him know that what his sister did really offended you and also so as not to portray yourself as cheap or easy to get." she replied.

"Hmm!! Why didn't I think of that before?" I said scratching my itchy scalp. "Because you are not as smart as I am" she said, giggling and trotting over to the door. "Oh please! Don't flatter yourself" I said laughing, going after her.

~•~•~•~•~

"Welcome to my humble home, princess," Liam said smiling at me. This mansion Liam called a home looked  utterly amazing. The building was very huge and could be mistaken for a five star hotel. Beautiful flowers which were neatly trimmed adorned the entire compound. On the other side of the compound, there was a water fountain, which had beautiful lilies adorned around it. Everything here just screamed expensive.

The interior design left me in awe. The long hall way was beautified with very huge paintings ranging from people to cities and also a few artworks. I guess his dad must really be into paintings.

We soon got to the sitting room, where everything was just beautiful. From the antique furniture to the curtains which looked really expensive, to the little ceramic statues which were placed around the living room. Everything just looked extremely rich and classy.

I took a sit on the sofa which I must say is the best I have ever sat on and might also ever sit on. "What would you like to have miss?" A maid asked bringing me out of my reverie. "Nothing, thank you," I said.

I didn't come here for food or drinks. I came here for that Lisa girl. "Why princess?" Liam asked. "Nothing really. I am okay," I said giving him a small smile. "You may leave," Liam said to the maid. "Yes sir," she replied, holding the tip of her uniform, which looked like a short ball gown, and bending in a slight bow.

Liam came to sit beside me and was about to say something but was interrupted by no other person than Lisa. "Hey guys," Lisa said. We both turned to look at the stairs, were the voice came from. Lisa walked over to us, she was wearing a simple knitted sweater with Jean shorts and canvas. She had really nice pair of long legs. She had a light makeup on and she looked really beautiful. She also had a Chanel bag hung around her shoulders. She looked like she was on her way out before she spotted us.

Immediately she glanced at me and the look on her face showed that she recognised me. "Melanie right?" she asked smiling. What is going on?

"Actually it's Valerie. What do you want?" Liam said before I could say anything. "Calm down Li, I just want to have a little girly chit-chat with your friend here," she said still looking at me with a cheeky smile. "Not happening sis," Liam said. "Don't be over protective Li, I'm not gonna bite!" she said looking at Liam. "It's fine Liam," I said speaking for the first time. Now where did that come from?

"Are you sure?" Liam asked narrowing his eyes. "Yes she is sure. Now get out!" Lisa said not letting me speak. "I wasn't speaking to you" Liam said slowly walking out. "Now, that's a very rude way to talk to your elder sister!" Lisa said smacking Liam's head.

I chuckled mentally at their childish behavior. It makes me wish I had a sibling. If dad didn't die, I was sure I would have had a sibling or even siblings who I would play with like this. May your soul rest in peace dad.

"Ouch!" Liam said holding his head with a frown and muttering something as he left the living room. "That boy behaves like a kid almost all the time," she said smiling. I didn't return the smile, I just kept quiet.

"Okay, Valerie you might be wondering why I want to talk to you, given the fact that our last meeting wasn't too pleasant," she said. I still kept quiet. "So I'll just go straight to the point," she said.

All of a sudden she just snapped her head towards a corner that was still part of the living room, but a little bit far away from where Lisa and I were seated. "Li, I know you are there," she said smacking her forehead with her palms. There was no movement.

"Come out already." Soon Liam came out from his hiding place. "I was just there for safety purposes" Liam said, shrugging with his hands in his pocket. "Safety purposes you say. Oh please! I'm not a werewolf." "Who knows," he muttered but was heard.

"Please leave already," she said rolling her eyes. "I'll tell mom you are bossing me around again," he said walking out for real this time. "As I was saying Valerie before the interruption," she said pointing dramatically towards Liam's retreating figure. I smiled mentally.

"I am sorry for how I acted the other day"

What, what?

Hey guys,

Did you enjoy this chapter?

Don't forget to click on the little 🌟 below the screen,yes right there. Thank you.

Love Jessie♥️