Chapter 2

"Hey hello !!! back again to dreaming" Krishna snapped his fingers in front of me and I came out of my daze. I couldnt stop gazing into his face and realised I was gawking at him. Suddenly Sheela nudged me, " Come on Raji, chief has gone to the female ward," I ran behind her, I could feel Krishna smiling and following me. I could feel butterflies in my stomach thinking of him, I told myself " Get a grip Raji, he is just a guy" . This is the result of reading too many romantic novels. I shook my head and followed my friend into the female ward.

                    After the grand rounds, everybody were gone for a class, I was alone writing the indent for medicines when I felt someone staring at me. I looked up and saw Krishna lounging near door looking at me. I asked " You need something? and hey thanks for helping me out in ward" He said, " Thats not a problem, anytime I will be there for you" I could hear the flutter again in my stomach,  I could hear myself " Oh Raji you are in serious trouble". He sat opposite to me and was flipping through a Surgery textbook. I asked him " Where are your friends? ". He said " I am waiting for them, meanwhile why dont you engage me", with a twinkling smile. I said " Engage you???" "what do you mean by that". I could see he also had a dimple when he smiles, Ohh how cute. He said, " You could start with telling where do you live and so forth" I immediately answered without thinking " Why should tell about me to a complete stranger like you". His face fell and the smile left his face and he just took his bag and went out. I felt very bad that I have offeneded him when he had helped me out earlier.

I ran outside the room and could see him walking through the corridor, by the time i could catch him and tell sorry, his friends arrived and he left with them without even sparing me a glance. I was torn between following him or return to the ward. I thought it is better to confront him alone again and ask sorry rather than in front of his friends.

What a way to start the week.....................