I should walk away, but I want to stay

PSA: I just noticed that a part of the flashback of the previous chapter got erased. I updated it, even though I like this version less than the original but so much for that!

Anyway, I hope you will enjoy this second chapter.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Everything I know tells me I should walk away, but I just want to stay

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Christian was there.

Shit. How could her father not know about this? Carla swallowed a lump in her throat, thinking of something to say. Nothing came out. Christian, however, was ready to talk.

"Surprised to see me?" He glared at her and she forced herself to smile.
"Yes," there was a pause. "I'm glad to see you are alright."
"Alright?" He repeated, shaking his head angrily. "I'm in a fucking wheelchair Carla! While you're having fun with your new toy boy."

This got a reaction from Yeray. He frowned before stepping forward but she put a hand to his chest before he could do anything else. She needed to talk to Christian without him around. Or the consequences could be disastrous.

"It's fine. Go to class, I will see you at the party tonight."
"Are you sure?"
"Absolutely."

Yeray hesitated a few seconds before walking away. Once he was far enough, Carla looked at Christian. She still felt guilty about the accident, knowing that if she had not sent a text to her father, then the boy in front of her would still be walking. Her father would not have been to stop him after the confession, or it would have seemed suspicious. She walked to an empty classroom, making sure he was following her.

There was no need for a scandal to explode in the hallways.

"I bet my return wasn't in your plan."
"You know I never meant for you to get hurt."

He scoffed, shaking his head. The boy full of confidence, of life, seemed to be gone. In front of her was nothing but a human form full of anger, seeking revenge.

"I bet you'll be quick to warn your father."
"You think he won't find out by himself? He doesn't need me to know what's going on around here."

A sigh escaped her lips. She was tired. Wasn't it enough, to have to deal with the guilt about what had happened to him and Marina? To have her heart broken by her relationship with Samuel? Now she also had to deal with him. There wouldn't be any handling though, no manipulation or soothing just like she had done during the summer.

"You will fall," he said after a few seconds of silence, reminding her of the promise he'd made on the hospital bed.
"Believe me, I already have."

This earned an eye roll from him.

"Poor marquesita, you really seemed to be trapped in hell."

He was sarcastic, and yet he didn't know how close to the truth he was. Actually, hell seemed like a better place than her house.

"Is that all you wanted?" Carla put her bag on her shoulder, ready to end the conversation.

However as she reached the door, he spoke again, and this time there was something dark in his voice.

"You'll fall, Carla" he repeated. "I don't care how, or when, but I swear that you'll suffer."

SAMUEL