Chapter 3

I looked at the wolves closer and noticed they looked like the were covered in ash. I gripped the handle of the hammer tight as the two began to approach closer growling at me. I raised the hammer to my side, one of the wolves charged. I swung hitting the wolf on the head. Crimson spalattered across the white snow and the wolf fell dead on the spot. In no time the second wolf pounced on me taking me to the ground. I pushed it away from my face as it's teeth snapped at me trying to attack my face. The click rilled in my skull hissing and croaking for me to kill.

"Kill. Kill. KILL!!", they commanded me.

Quickly I grabbed the wolf's lower jaw, in one swift motion I snapped it back dislocating it. With all my might I kneed it in the ribs sending to the ground breathless and in pain. I rolled over took the hammer in hand and swiftly struck it in the head ending it's pain. I dropped the hammer and stood listening to the prays of clicks. I looked at my cut up hands, no blood spilled. Perplexed and not wanting any more attention I continued walking dragging the hammer behind me.

I thought to myself,"That was close... Yes. If I want to stay alive if more of those appear I better get another tool... a machete. Yes, two maybe."

Later that night a blizzard blew in throwing the trees into a fit. I managed to find a store, figuring no one would hear me breaking in I smashed through the glass and walked inside. I thought I might be hungry so I ripped open bags of jerky and ate a piece. It only made me sick, I broke a soda machine took a drink that too I got sick on. I gave up I walked around looking at knives I found a couple nice ones but they'd be useless to me. I almost gave up until a hook blade machete caught my eye. I went over examined it and tested it on som jugs of deer bait. I desided this would do. I looked around and found three others like it. But then I remembered I had no way of carrying them. A backpack would be clumsy, if I dragged them by rope I might lose them or become, Hooked. That was it I looked around the dim security light lit store and took a couple hooks attached them to the handles of the machetes and hooked them to my pants. I walked around grabbing some nice leather steel toe boots, gloves, and a couple cans of spray paint. As I reached the counter I noticed gutting rings for deer. So I snuggly put one on each finger then continued out where I had entered.