Forbidden Fruit

(a few years later)

Eden's POV~

   I walked the gardens on my own land. after Luna decided she had no more interest in me I moved to the mansion my brother had left me. I spent my days reading and spending time with my gentle man caller. I heard the doorbell ring, and I walked through the house to the front door, opening it. I swallowed. He stood there, with my favorite flowers, in black suit and tie. "Mystica?" I stopped. "no, get off my door step, Soter." I had grown to care for my familiar. we were bonded, but his infatuation with other girls angered me.  "I cant not be near you, you know that." he says. "She isn't around anymore.." he told me. the bubbly blonde he slept with? I doubted it. "Really? you say that every single time." I told him. he really did. "Eden... don't do this she didn't mean anything." he pleaded. I turned, leaving the door open. he knew it meant he could come in. "you sleep on the couch, arse." I snapped, getting myself a glass of wine. he nodded. "okay.. I deserve that." he admitted. he looked apologetic, but I knew he'd do it again. I took the flowers in a vase. "hey.." he said to me. I ignored him, before I looked at him and started blubbering. "I'll be outside." I mumbled. I heard him follow me, and he scooped me up "put me down!!!" I yelled. "nope." he said flatly. "I know all your faces.. and what you do where you're mad. you're not leaving." he plucked the wine glass from my hands, and carried me into the garden. "I know I made this mess." he mumbled and played with my curls. "yeah, you did." I agreed, tears blurring my vision. "she didn't mean anything." he told me. "did the other six?" I asked. he set me down on a stone bench and kneeled in front of me, holding my hand. "Eden..." I got up and yanked my hand from his. I saw the black ring box in his hand and I ran up to my room.

Soter's POV~

I know I really hurt her but I was done. I wanted to stay with her, and commit to her. so I sat outside her locked bedroom door and waited for her to calm down. after about an hour of breaking glass she sat down on the other side of the door.  i heard her sobbing. "you can't just do this to me.." she said softly, in that thick accent I loved. "Eden... you know I love you." I admitted. "how? how do I?" she asked. "because I never came back to any of the other girls.. but there wont be any other girls." I kneeled in front of her door , and it opened. "just Marry me, you'll see." I begged. I took out the ring I picked jus for her, a simple gold band. she was never one for expensive things. her freckled cheeks were red, and her big brown eyes were wet with tears. she nodded. "but you have to promise me.. no more girls." she sniffled. "I promise, mystica... come here, it's okay." 

Eden's POV~  

I laid in our bed staring at my ring. I was happy... I just hoped he didn't mess it up.. or I didn't it mess it up. I lounged  on his chest while he slept, peacefully. his phone buzzed and I picked it up, curious

its was Jean, the bubbly blonde. 

J, 8:15 pm:

Soter, baby we can talk about this! You don't need her! 

I swallowed as my heart dropped, scrolling up. to my surprise there were three paragraphs where he told her he didn't need her, and he wanted to commit to me and marry me. he told her he had a future with me and that I was better for him. 

i kissed him cheek and got up, he grumbled. "you're warm come back!" he mumbled. I chuckled. "I'll be back you arse I just have to go to the bathroom. go back to bed." I lied. but I knew a restraining order wouldn't do any good. so I got dressed and got into my car, making sure to grab gasoline from the garage. I drove up to the small blue house I knew all too well. the blue painted stucco stood out like a sore thumb and was unbelievably ugly, and, unfortunately for her she had tons of dry palm trees around the front. I parked my stingray out front, and shut it off, taking the gas can out of the passengers seat, and  slipping a cigarette in-between my lips, lighting it and  pouring it all over the dried palms. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and a soft chuckle. "you are awful at lying, mystica." I turned around an there he stood, shirt less, in jeans and vans he left at my house. I was ready for a lecture. but he kissed my fore head, and said this. "give me the can, you cant hop the fence in heels. and we can't fuck if you have a broken leg." I handed it over, stifling  a laugh. as he headed toward the fence, he turned. "I told you I loved you." then he lept over the fence, and I flicked my lit cigarette into the gas soaked mulch be side the house. I would feel bad but I don't think that girl had anything to offer the world