Chapter 6 - Let Karma fuck him up!

KARTIK'S POV

I and Elsa were on our way home from the hospital. Elsa was sitting beside me on the front seat. She had gained consciousness but her face looked dull.

"What did the doctor say?", Elsa asked me.

"Nothing....you have to undergo some tests", I replied concentrating on the road.

"You mean injections?", she asked me scared.

"Yeah....I guess", I replied shrugging my shoulders.

After that conversation, there was utter silence between both of us.

We reached home and I looked at Elsa.

"Hey kiddo", I called her and she turned towards me.

"Listen...whatever I said that time...I didn't mean it okay? Let's just forget that conversation. I was just - I was just out of my mind", I said and she stared at me.

"So you care for me?", Elsa asked.

"Ofcourse...I do. Ofcourse I care for you. You're my daughter, why wouldn't I care for you?", I asked holding her face in between my palms and brushing her cheeks with my thumb.

"I love you" she said and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her and smiled.

--------------------------

Still Kartik's PoV

The doorbell rang.

"Daddy...someone's at the door", Elsa called for me.

"I can hear it", I replied as I picked up my guitar. My guitar. I had bought it for myself in the twelfth standard by my saved money. I had always been a music enthusiast. This guitar had helped me go through some of the most difficult times. Its very close to me.

I sighed and walked towards the door with the guitar. I opened the door to look at a man.

"Hey....is this Kartik?", that man asked me.

"Yess....I am. Here's your guitar", I handed over the guitar to him.

It felt so bad when its surface was touched by another man. Those strings.....that soundbox. I'm gonna miss it terribly.

The man paid me $200 and walked away. I closed the door behind. I can pay Elsa's school fees now. She wouldn't have to stand out of the classroom now. That thought brought a smile on my face.

NAIRA'S POV

I was working at the restaurant.

"Here's your Belgium chocolate icecream", I served the customers and turned away to look at Amber.

"What the hell happened to your hair?", she asked me shocked.

I rolled my eyes. I had cut them short, like till shoulder length after that conditioner ruined my hair. I dragged her to a corner.

"Kartik Goenka did this", I told her.

"What? He cut your hair! Is he a barber or something? I didn't know that. How come you guys grow so close?", Amber asked me and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up Amber. He works as a sales man to pay the college fees. He sold me this conditioner that made my straight, silky, smooth hair like porcupine. I know he did this wantedly. Its just a revenge because I slapped him in the canteen", I said frustrated and Amber sighed in disbelief.

"But to be honest...this hair cut looks good on you. Wantedly or unwantedly, he did something right!", Amber remarked and I narrowed my eyes at her.