Lost In The Woods

Narrator Pov~

Humanity, thought they were the dominating species of the world. They thought that they were safe, thought they were the top of the food chain, but the day came over 100 years ago when humanity learned their place. Titans emerged, giants with nothing on their minds but the desire to consume human flesh, no-one knows where they come from and they nearly wiped out the entire human race almost overnight. The humans in their last efforts, erected 3 large walls to hide in, the first was Wall Sina, a large wall in the shape of a circle 250 km in diameter, then Wall Rose, a wall surrounding Wall Sina over 130 km large and then Wall Maria surrounding both of them, a wall over 3,000 km in diameter. 723,822 km of land free from the titans, where the humans lived in peace for 100 years, they thought they were safe, thought the hard times were in the past, they couldn't have been more wrong. They traded freedom for security, and in doing so have become soft, and reliant on the walls that they think protect them, when in reality it has made them birds in a cage, with no clue how to fly, and in the world they live in, you either fly, or you're food.

Y/n Pov~

"Margot!" I call out, and to my despair there was no response. "Edmund!" I try, but also to no avail. I hop off of the fallen tree I was standing on for a vantage point and land in the tall soft grass. Where the hell did I end up? I didn't even walk for that long and I'm this lost? I sigh at myself as I walk aimlessly through the dense forest. My group should be able to hear me but I guess I walked out of ear shot of our camp, I push back some bramble and step through the path, I then see something troubling. Three men walking out of a cabin, but what was troubling was that one of the men was packing what seems to be an unconscious girl over his shoulder. "What the hell?" I gasp as they walk down the pathway from the cabin. I crouch down and follow behind them, far enough that they can't hear me moving but close enough that I can hear them talking. "Can't believe you killed the mother. Do you have any idea how much she would sell for? I mean sure the kid is good but you cut our pay day in half" the fat one growls at the taller one, "Why do you think they are worth so much money?" he questions the fat one, "You saw them, people pay good money for people like them" the fat one explains, "I mean she's cute, sure but why such a big pay?" the tall one asks as he heaves her over his other shoulder. "They're what they used to call "Orientals" notice the jet-black hair and the distinctive features? Used to be a bunch of these guys running around but now, this girl's the last one" he sighs. Bastards, killed this girl's mom and planning to sell her? Not if I can do anything about it, I growl quietly at the men.

I followed the men back to a larger cabin close to the bottom of the foot of the mountain we're on. They all walk inside with pleased looks on their faces, I'll wipe those looks off your faces you disgusting animals I growl. I then hear shuffling to my right, I see a younger boy walking up to the cabin, he had short brown hair and bright blue eyes.

Rain falls from the sky heavily as he approaches the cabin with a look of determination

Rain falls from the sky heavily as he approaches the cabin with a look of determination. I leap out of the bush I hid in at the boy, I manage to snatch him out of sight before one of the windows of the cabin open up and one of the kidnappers look outside. I pull him to the side of the house with my hand over his mouth as he struggles to be free of my grasp. He suddenly bites my hand, making me release his mouth, "What are you doing! Are you with them?!" he seethes at me. "Course I'm not with them, if I was, I wouldn't have just saved your ass" I roll my eyes at him. I release him and he turns around to get a good look at me