Prt 2

Last time on The Trials and Tribulations of Spider-Man, the People's Hero:

"Very well," he conceded, not in the mood to have another altercation with the Hulk, "I'll behave."

"Good." Tony smiled darkly, forgetting for a moment where they were. When it finally dawned on him again, he groaned and turned around, drawing the group's attention to the assortment of other figures lying around the room.

To Tony's surprise, they were all already beginning to stir with varying degrees of alertness.

He tensed. "Guys, be ready," he hissed to his teammates with a sense of urgency that missed no one. "Our company is about to wake up."

Now on The Trials and Tribulations of Spider-Man, the People's Hero:

The first to awake, surprisingly enough (or perhaps not so surprisingly), was the group with the red-skinned humanoid.

The red-skinned humanoid regained awareness quickly after he first started to wake up. As soon as he was fully conscious, he didn't hesitate to make his way to his feet and start wandering around the room, eyes curious and intent. Much to the surprise of all of the Avengers and SHIELD spies, excluding perhaps Thor (and, of course, Loki) who was more used to otherworldly beings, the humanoid was floating as he made his way through the room.

Soon after, the metal-armed man leapt to his feet, an unmistakable haste to his movements that reminded Tony of his own initial panicked reaction to the situation. The man looked around frantically before his eyes landed on the dark-skinned man lying beside him. He turned away from the Avengers, scowled, and poked the man with the tip of his boot.

"Oi," he barked, "wake up, birdbrain. We've got a situation."

"Birdbrain?" Natasha echoed under her breath. She had a wide grin on her face. "Looks like you have competition, Barton."

Clint shoved her lightly. "Shut up, Nat," he whined, lips tugging into a pout that suited a child more than a fully-grown adult. "I'm the original bird-themed hero. Who even is this guy? He looks nothing like a bird!"

"Are you saying you look like a bird?" Bruce asked mildly, having quickly gotten over the confusion that he'd somehow transformed back into a man and been redressed after the battle.

Clint shot him an unamused look, while Natasha threw her head back and laughed. "Nice one, doctor," she snickered, expertly avoiding the resulting blow Clint threw her.

"Hey, what's with you, Capsicle?" Tony turned to Steve, who didn't seem to be hearing their banter, instead still focused on the two strangers. "Are you too patriotic for a few good-natured jabs at a teammate?" he joked.

Steve blinked distractedly. "Sorry," he muttered, eyebrows knitted in concern. "He just.... reminds me of someone."

"Which one?" Tony asked, frowning. There was just something about the look in Steve's eyes that unnerved him. "'Birdbrain' or his metal friend?"

"His friend," he answered absentmindedly, and then shook his head to clear the haze. "Never mind. I'm just fooling myself."

Tony arched an eyebrow. "Sure," he said doubtfully, unable to quite shake off the thought of Steve's memory-lidded gaze. "Whatever you say."

Back over on the other side, the dark-skinned man had awoken. He pushed himself to his feet with a groan and cracked open an eye, squinting at his acquaintance. "What the fuck, jerk?" he snapped. "Where are we?"

"That's what I've been trying to figure out, dumbass," 'Jerk' replied with a roll of his eyes.

"Then it appears as though we are all clueless," the African man joined the conversation, sitting up and cocking a head sideways at them. Beside him, the African girl plopped herself up on her elbows and smiled lazily as her companion addressed the other two men. He nodded cordially at the metal-armed man first, and then the dark-skinned man second, "Sergeant. Sam."