Wolf, Fox, and Lynx

Long ago, the only animals in Wildcraft were Wolf, Fox, and Lynx.

They were all friends, but soon each animal grew jealous of another.

Wolf: Lynx can run for a long time without tiring. Why does she have this ability instead of me? Surely I am entitled to Lynx's endurance.

Fox: Wolf has more strength against his opponents than I. Why should he have this advantage instead of me? Surely I deserve Wolf's strength.

Lynx: Fox is a master of trickery and cunning. Why can't I trick my way to a nice meal? Surely I should have Fox's cunning.

Before each of them went to sleep, they all decided on their own plans to steal the abilities they wanted from that animal.

Around midnight, Wolf opened his eyes and sat up. He checked if the others were sleeping, and it seemed they were.
Wolf crept up to Lynx and silently stole her element of Endurance.
"Yes! Now I will be able to run for longer and catch any prey!"
And with that, Wolf went to sleep, feeling happy about his new advantage.

Fox slowly opened his eyes. He heard the soft snores of Wolf and Lynx.
"Perfect."
Fox tiptoed over to Wolf and pulled his element of Strength from his fur.
"Haha! Now I will be able to defeat the strongest of opponents!"
Fox shut his eyes and fell asleep, excited about his new ability.

Not long later, Lynx opened her eyes and stood up. She looked at her friends and made sure they were asleep. When she was sure they were, Lynx snuck up on Fox and grabbed his element of Cunning. "Finally! Now I will be able to trick my way to a nice meal!"
Lynx smiled and closed her eyes, drifting to sleep as she thought of her new power.

The next morning, the animals all woke up happier than usual.
"Lovely morning, huh?" said Wolf.
"Sure is." said Fox.
"Oh, it's the loveliest of mornings." said Lynx.

All the animals checked under their paws for their new elements. Wolf was shocked to find that his was cracked into smaller pieces and all had turned pitch black except for a tiny sliver.

Fox and Lynx were shocked as well, as theirs looked the same!

They all sat in silence for a moment before Lynx spoke up.
"I believe we all owe each other an apology."
"I'm sorry, Wolf." said Fox, sliding him the only working piece of his element.
"I'm sorry, Lynx." said Wolf, handing her the sliver of her element.
"I'm sorry, Fox." said Lynx, setting the small piece of his element in front of him.

Wolf, Fox, and Lynx agreed to never steal from each other again, and they all realized that they don't need to take each other's abilities when they have their own.

And that is why no animal in Wildcraft's ability is much stronger than another's.