Chapter 3

"I have to admit, your pretty good." I told Parker as we headed back to the car. "Told you!" Ryan said sticking his tongue out at me.

"Well thanks." Parker said with a grin.
"Mom, can I go out with the team for lunch?" Parker called across the parking lot.

"No it's family day." She told him.
Parker rolled his eyes and got in the back of the car.

"Family day?" I asked.

"We usually just go out to pool and swim then eat dinner." Matt explained.
I nodded. The car filled with silence and I heard Shake it off come on the radio.

"I love this song! Turn it up!" Jake yelled. I burst out laughing but did as he told me too.

"I stay out too late! Got nothing in my brain, at least that's what people say mhm." Jake belted.

"No people know that." Parker teased.

"I go onto many dates, but I can't make them stay, at least that's what people say mhm." He continued.

"More like no dates." Matt said playfully, looking in the mirror and watching Jake dancing in his seat.

"But I keep cruising, can't stop won't stop movin it's like I it this music in my mind singing its gonna be alright!" I sang, or shouted along with Jake and Matt and Parker were doubling over in laughter.

"Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play." Matt said in a girly voice. I laughed so hard that my stomach hurt.

"Come on Parker, you're the only one left." I encouraged.

"And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate!" Parker shouted along to the the song.

We sang all the way home.

"Best car squad ever." Jake said when we got out.
"It's just cause I'm here now." I joked.
"But seriously, next time we need to car group, this is ours." Matt said with a smirk.

"I don't know, Jesse's car seems kinda fun." I teased.

Matt shoved me in my side playfully and I looked over to see Laura say something quietly to Brady.

He looked over at Matt and I and nodded.

Weird, but I guess that's my life is now. We stayed quiet as we headed inside.

"Pool time, I want everyone outside in 5 minutes, I don't care if you have plans." Laura ordered as we gathered inter kitchen.

"Family time never goes smoothly, just quick warning." Parker whispered in my ear. I gave him a weird look and went to my room, changing into a bikini quickly and pulling my hair into a messing bun.

I grabbed a towel from the closet in the hallway as Matt did and we walked downstairs together.

"So how long does this usually last?" I asked.

He smirked,"Why? You hating it already, Welcome to club." He told me.

"No! Just tell me." I said smacking his arm lightly.

"Rest of the afternoon." He finally told me. I said nothing, just nodded my head as we reached the huge back yard with the nicest pool I've ever seen.

"How can you not enjoy this!" I exclaimed, motioning to the pool.

He shrugs,"I wouldn't mind if it were just you an me." He whispered in my ear as he walked past me heading to one of the chairs that sat by the pool side.

He sent shivers down my spine and I look at him in amusement as he sent me a smirk. I shook my head and took the chair next to me.

"OMG girl I am so ready to get my tan on!" A girly voiced Parker sat down next to Matt and I.

"OMG me too!" I squealed, playing along. Matt was the one to shake his head this time laughing at the two of us.

"Sometimes I question the people I hang out with." He admitted, laughing.

"Well you don't really have a choice." Parker pointed out. I nodded. "Oh well, guess you're stuck with us." I said shrugging.

"You know I've been meaning to watch that show, How To Get Away With Murder. Have either of you heard of it." He joked. I laughed,"Yeah good try."

"Get in the pool losers!" Will called as he had his arms propped over the side of the pool.

"Nah." Matt said.

"Make me." I replied. Parker raised an eyebrow and I already knew what u had gotten myself into.

In one swift movement I had been lifted from my chair and into the arms of Parker before being tossed into the pool, followed by Parker who had been pushed by Matt.

"Asshole." I muttered, narrowing my eyes at Parker.

He shrugged and we both laughed.

"I can't today, we're closing a deal today." I heard, Chris, the boy's father, tell Laura.

She shook her head. "You can't keep doing this Chris! You have a family." Laura said, pointing to the pool.

"I have to do this." He replied before going back inside. Laura ran her hands through her hair and sat down in one of the chairs. I guess there really is no such thing as a perfect family.

"It's nothing new." Matt said as he sat down next to me as I dangled my feet in the pool, sitting on the side of the pool.

"Yeah, but it doesn't make it any better." I replied.

We sat in silence as the boys tossed around a basketball in the pool.

"You guys wanna play?" Brady called.
Matt looked at me and shrugged. We slid into the pool before making our way over.

"Game on!"

____________
A/n: so I've been reallyyyy bad at updating but I swear I will update the story by next Monday!

Comment and vote!!