Chapter 2

There was a knock at the door. I sat up straight on my bed.

"Come in!" I called.

Jake stood in the doorway.

"Hey." I said softly

"Hey, you wanna hang out?"

"Yeah sure."

I hopped off the bed and followed him to a part if the house I'd never been too.
He led me to a game room where Matt and Parker sat in bean bags, controllers in their hands.

Jake tossed me one and I plopped into my own bean bag.

"Call of duty?"

"Yeah sure, I used to play with my brother. So don't think I suck." I grinned.

Jakes eyes softened, the other two thought nothing of it. Halfway through our game Brady came running into the room.

"Dads home!" He screeched.

I watched the boys eyes widen. Why were they all so scared? The game was turned off in one quick motion and they were out of the room.

I stood there kinda confused on what to do and then decided to look around. I made my way to the front door, where I had promised I would come explore later.

I looked up at the tall ceilings, staring for what felt like hours but was only a few seconds, before hearing a Bang! Followed by yelling.

Not wanting to get involved, I headed up the stairs, aiming for my room, but I got pulled into another.

"What the fuck?" I said turning to see all 11 boys huddled in one room. I crossed my arms at the sheepish looking boys.

"Sorry, didn't think you would want to get involved in that." Will admitted.

"Involved in what?" I asked, wanting to know what was going on.

"We can't tell you!" Alex said quickly.
Cameron gave him a look.

"Let's make a deal, we tell you, if you tell us why you're here." Matt said, narrowing his eyes.

"Lay off her." Jake told him, before looking over at me. I fiddled with my phone case, as all eyes were on me now.

"Fair enough." I finally said.

"I'm here because my family died about a month ago." I said with a deep breath. An uncomfortable silence filled the room.

"Sorry." Matt mumbled. I looked away, wanting to change the topic fast, before I started to cry.

"Dad is one of those dads, ya know?," Jake started," he pushes all of us in school, and basically any activity we participate in."

"He's hardly home though, but when he's here, even moms shaken up." Parker added. I hadn't talked to him since he walked away.

"Dad doesn't really have, feelings per say." Jesse continued.

"Oh" was all I said. The father they were describing sounded a lot like mine, except my dad had feelings, I guess.

I had hardly noticed that the yelling had stopped and the slamming of doors rang through the house. The boys started filing out of the room, I followed and headed to my room.

~*~

I slowly sat up in bed, glancing at my phone; 1:23 am. My stomach growled. I guess I fell asleep before dinner. I slipped out if bed, throwing my hair into a ponytail and walking down to the kitchen.

"Dad! You can't keep doing this." I heard Jakes voice raise, the conversation coming from the kitchen. I stopped and waited.

"Don't tell me what to do." A voice growled, I assumed it was his dad.