Two'

Hello lovely readers !!!

As promised, I'm here with a new chapter!!

First of all, I want to THANK all the readers of this story who have VOTED and left their valuable COMMENTS on the previous chapter. I wasn't expecting that much response on this story because of its a dark theme. But I'm really glad to see that. I would try my best not to disappoint you all.

The story is gonna get INTERESTING. So tell me guys..are you excited??!

***
#RoughlyEdited 

***

1st December 2015

"Sweetheart you are going to be late for work. Give me that plate, I can eat by myself you know. Your mother isn't that old. At least not yet" mom said trying to make it seem like a joke and took the plate away from my hands.  

How do I tell her that I have lost the job? Yesterday I was able to avoid the question altogether but today, what would I even tell her?

The house rent for 5 months is due, I haven't gone grocery shopping for 3 weeks now and have been only surviving on the small pack of biscuits that too, I have to use a pack for two days. Electricity bill is not paid because of which my rental room doesn't have electricity anymore.

Water bill is due for..I don't know how long because one time the pipeline broke down after which the water supply is cut completely from my apartment.

When I went to complain about the matter to the landlord. She repudiated the matter by telling me to fix it myself as the rent was due for so long that she didn't trust me enough to spend on my needs.
As I didn't have that kind of money with me, I left the matter as it was. I cannot afford to waste money at this point in time when every penny counts.

Paying the hospital bills on time is more important than anything now.

I will do whatever it would take off me to pay the hospital bills. Even if I have to sell my soul for money, I will do it without a thought because if that means my mother will be treated well and get well soon then I will do anything to make that happen.

"Sweetie..princess are you even listening to me?!" I heard my mom calling out my name shaking her free hand Infront of my face which broke me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?!" I said. My focus now completely on her.

It pinches my heart every time I look at her. She looks more tired with each passing day. She is in her late 40s but to anybody, she would look more in her late 60s.

Cancer treatment has taken a toll on her body. She has lost so much hair. Her skin has taken a paler shade now. Wrinkles are prominent on her face.

She doesn't have much strength left in her. She couldn't even lift a glass of water but wouldn't show that in front of me. She would push herself to her maximum and behave to be just fine but I know what it's doing to her.

She thinks she is hiding it well but we have been there for each other for as long as I can remember so I know her inside out.

Lately, I have been lying to her so much about everything around her but I just don't want to stress her out in her condition. Wherever I would lie, she would look at me for a few seconds but won't say a thing. I know I'm hurting her like this but I don't have any choice left.

There was a time when she was my rock and I was hers. She still is which is why I am working this hard so she can be okay again.

We never used to hide anything from each other. Now every other sentence spoken to her from my mouth is a lie.