"only fools rush in."

silence.

utter silence.

it was killing sicheng.

slowly, pain rose inside.

the anticipation was scratching on his skin.

"you will either die, or you can get surgery." the younger sighs in relief. but the older looked a little odd.

"but if you get surgery, you will lose the love towards him or her." sichengs breath hitched up. almost crying on the spot.

tears was filling up his eyes, vision getting blurrier. right then and there, he let all his emotions out.

ten whipped back his head in concern of the younger, while still on the phone trying to explain the situation.

"hey w-what's wrong? did i say something wrong?" kun quickly wrapped his arms around him, trying to calm him down.

"i-it's a hi-im." he managed to say between sobs. "who?" the older asked. "y-yuta. but don't say it to him."

the next day, sicheng didn't really come to school

the next day, sicheng didn't really come to school. yuta just heard that he apparently got sick. and that made him worry.

"hey renjun, have you heard what happened to winwinnie?" the japanese asked. "yeah, and it's really just heartbreaking."

"not funny to joke around with renjun-ah." a canadian voice said. "sorry hyung.." the chinese looked down.

yuta was just confused. "what is wrong with him?" he asked out of concern. mark turned him and renjun around. "are we suppose to tell him, or nah?"

"kun-hyung said no." renjun said bluntly. "sorry hyung, we can't really say it to you." the bell rang just when yuta was gonna ask why.

his childhood best friend kept secrets from him? wasn't he breaking a promise they made long ago?

(flashback.)

little yuta and little sicheng was just playing on the playground together. when suddenly someone pushed yuta.

sicheng was confused of what was going on. yuta was just standing there with two older boys getting yelled at.

later on he came back hiding some of his face. "what happened?" he asked. "nothing for you to worry about."

"liar!" he said removing his hand from his face, revealing a bruise. "oh noes!" he gasped.

little sicheng was getting a water bottle to cool down the pain. "here! now you are my best fwend!" he giggled.

"yuta! you gotta prowmise me something!" little sicheng yelled after his friend. "what?" he asked.

"prowmise me not to keep any secrets from your best fwend!" he said putting out his pinky finger in broken korean.

"pinky prowmise me!" he said giggling like the little child he is. "promise!" the little japanese said locking his pinky finger with him.

(end of flashback.)

yuta came home immediately texting his best friend

besties forever!💗

teriyaki prince:
hey winwinnie!
why didn't you come to school today?

:winnie the pooh
because i just felt a little sick,
kun is taking care of me

teriyaki prince:
oh okay,
you coming to school tomorrow?
kinda miss you🥺👉🏻👈🏻
no homo

:winnie the pooh
what else can't you do without me😔😒
miss me 24/7
read 16:39 pm☑️