Chapter 2: Echo.

Chad wasn't that asshole I thought he was when I first met him. But I have to admit, he's cute. However, the rest of my conclusion were correct about his friends.

Me and Dan immediately click with our knowledge and love for books. Serena kept insisting we hang out and go shopping. Blair gave me the dirty look. Jenny noticed me but didn't talk. Chuck was person who surprised me the most when he whispered in my ear inviting me back to his dorm. I rejected, thank god. Chad said he was joking but I don't think he was.

They all drove back to Ekco in their luxurious cars while I drive my Lexus and that was okay since Dan and Jenny also drove a Honda.

They lead the way and I followed them for 20 minutes until we finally stopped in front the gates to Ekco Academy. It took me a moment to visualize this all in. Here I am, at the gates of Ekco about to walk in there and be a student.

The car behind me honked taking me out of my moment. It was Blair.

"Hurry up," she commanded. I looked behind and smiled.

"Sorry!" I quickly apologized. Turning my head back to the front, I stepped on the gas. Parking it in the student's lot. I stepped out and joined Chad with the rest of his friends.

"Hey guys, you can go back to class, I'll take Maggie to the Administrator's Office," Chad told them. They all nodded and dispersed, leaving me and Chad awkwardly walking side by side.

"So how you like Ekco?" He asked trying to start a conversation.

"Oh..its been my dream to come here since I've remembered," I emphasized.

"Really...Do you know the 8 rules of Ekco?" He asked making me as dumb as a bell.

"What?" I asked. There were 8 rules at Ekco?

"It's stupid, really. But yah, everyone should know that there are 8 rules here," he responded. I took the bait, he's got me on my toes.

"It's not keep your hands to yourself now, is it?" I joked.

He laughed, "No, it's just something that started a long time ago... You know the legend here 392 years ago right?"

I nodded. From all the research I've made, I knew that this school wasn't actually a school, it was the castle of an old village. Of course, there weren't princesses but the family that lived here ran the village. And I heard that this place was built in honor of the twin brothers, Gregory Worden and Marcus Worden. However, they didn't want to share this place and wanted to be the only ruler so they split the village into 2 parties. And that was all I could've dug up.

"Yah, Marcus and Gregory, right?" I asked.

"Yah, so you do know that once you get accepted here, what happens?" He questioned me.

"No! I didn't too far about finding the history of this place because there wasn't much about it online," I admired.

"Well, you'll find out soon. I was curious as to why you wanted to attend this school, but seeing that you don't know the history, I now know. You shouldn't have come here, it's not a place for a girl like you," he warned me but I didn't understand what he was saying until later. I took it offensively because I thought he meant, I didn't fit in, which I didn't but still.

The administrator's door was almost in sight as we made a right turn into the decorative hall.

He opened the door and I walked in.

"Here's my number, if you need any help, being here on your first day will be tough. I'll be glad to show you around if you like. It was nice meeting you, bye Maggie," he left.