chapter 2

"Number one-"

"Oh boy.."
Melanie interrupted, rolling her eyes while pressing the sofa pillow harder to her chest.

She was worried Jackie won't take it seriously and just make the whole situation weird. Like it wasn't already.

"Oh come on! Just let me read already" An annoyed tone crept into Jackie's voice.

She pushed her hair to the side of her face, revealing glistening almond eyes.

Her smile was so calming, make you want to snuggle into yourself and fall down sleeping.

Melanie loved her so much. Even though she was pretty annoying.

"Continue" melanie finally said, pressing her lips together, not letting any other words slip out her mouth.

"Thank you, your majesty" Jackie replied quickly and continued.

"Number one, making someone's day"
Jackie smiled.

"You know, giving me some of those cookies will make my day."

she pointed on the plate full of cookies that was placed on the little brown wood table in the middle of the room.

Melanie ignored her and frowned.
Making someone's day?

A smile came to her lips, she knew exactly what to do.

××××

"Making Mrs. Admons shopping? That's your way to make someone's day?"
Jackie crossed her hands on her chest as melanie picked some milk and put it in her basket, according to Mrs. Admons list.

"Mrs. Admons is an old lady, and her husband just left her for some reason. She's going through a hard time. And everything that could easy on her will help. Besides I promised that I will clean her house later and feed her cat while she's going to see her grandchildren."
Melanie smiled softly as Jackie let out a little "oh".

"It counts right?" Melanie looked at her with a worried look. She really did want to make someone's day.

Melanie's hair caught a few glances from the people around them. Well she had to admit it was a bit unusual.

Her hair was dyed; Half black color and the other half white. It reminded a bit of the Disney villain from '101 Dalmatians'.

Actually the idea was taking from there.
Her mum haven't spoke to her for two weeks because of that.

Jackie smiled fondly,
"maybe I can help too, and maybe we can do it more often. That would be very helpful. Good job Mel. I'm so proud of you."

She pressed a soft kiss against her friend's chick and hugged her.

"We need some eggs" Melanie said as Jackie let her go slowly.

Jackie nodded lightly and walked to the eggs section in the small super market.

Melanie felt kind of proud. Maybe that least wasn't so horrible.

××××

Hey guys how are you?

Please tell me your opinion,

VOTE & COMMENT 🩰

~L