Chapter 2

" All done?" My dad asked when enter the car. I nodded while fasten my seatbelt. Suddenly the notification hit the phone. I slided the unlocked icon and read the message that I got from Amora.

*Have a nice tripped and happy holidays, stay safe babe, love you and take care. Don't forget to update me*- Amora.

My lips cracked a smiled as the car started moving. I never went to my grandma's house the last time I met her was 10 years ago after my mom died, at the chapel for my mother funeral. My grandma couldn't get over her so did my dad. There were too many memories of her from her hometown. My dad couldn't beared such difficult moment when she was alived. When we used to lived there before.

But now, here we go on the road towards her memorable hometown. I can't barely remember how it used to look like before but I remembered her house was filled with forest surrounded it. I never explored it thoroughly before when I was a child.

Along the journey my dad and me fell into comfortable quiet. We talked to each other when we needed to. After a couples of ten minutes I could see a big house or more liked a mansion that was deep into the forest. The mansion was like a center of the big spacious forest.

I felt excited to do the exploration. What things would lived beyond this thick forest. Was grandma property this bigger before? I don't know I need to ask dad about that later.

" Hello mother, how have you been?" My dad asked as he exited and stalked towards a well dressed woman that looked liked a noble. He hugged her and kissed her temple and both her cheeks. She not looked liked an old lady that wrinkles everywhere. She looked just nice, feminine and elegant. But still she looked old as her age.

" I'm doing just fine Ares and how are you my grandchild?"She smiled at me and she opened her arm as inviting me for a hug. I hesistationly stalked towards her and hugged her slowly just how long that I last met her? even I barely couldn't remembered her face. It was too blurry in my childhood's memories.

My dad took all my luggage and bags that I prepared so much for my things if we end up staying here longer. I helped him picked up those bags since my bags were more than him. Then we got inside the butler opened us the big door widely.

" Well come along..don't stay outside for too long, come my dear come." She said and took us in. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped looking how big, spacious, huge, and beautiful this house could be.

As we tralling my grandma I took a glanced as we passed through the hall way. The mansion was really big and and gloomy but still, unique, classic and antic. Was my mom from a noble family? why dad never told me before?that they are rich people.

When we arrived at the center of the house my dad's phone rang. He picked it up and made a signals to me that, that was an important called and he needed to answer it. He left me with my grandma. She grazed at me. She looked liked a very nice and kind lady.

" Well, Valerie I prepared a beatiful room for you. Do you want to check it out while waiting for your dad?" She asked as she stalked neared me. I smiled and nodded at her. When we about to reach the stairs my dad jogged inside and came to us.

His eyes showing some sympathy more like guilty and..yes guilty. He pursued his lips together before parted it again liked he wanted to say something. But he felt guilty to tell me about it. After a short while he heaved a heavy sighed. I knew this kind of reaction. I knew it!

" It's fine dad.." I said as I crossed my arm together and grazed at him. I knew it. It must be his work again. He must be needed to do something important again. I know he didn't mean to leave me here alone. Well, not exactly alone. Grandma was here to make me accompanied.

" I'm sorry honey..I want to be with you here. I really wish to." He said in guilty. He stalked to approach me and in a second I was already in his arm. I nodded in front of his chest. It was not his fault that was his job,his career of course I didn't wanted to be the one that ruins it.

" It's okay Ares I can take care of her. She is my sweet granddaughter after all. Have a safe journey." She said and smiled to my dad. I know she's a good person but being with someone you never be together before was a really awkward. But I liked her she was very cool noblewoman.

My dad kiss my forehead before took his luggage with him and jogged to his car. A few minutes later I could hear his car's engine and the movement of four wheels that left me behind.

" It's okay my dear. Come let me show you your room. I decorated it as much as I can that could fit to your liking. I hope you like it my dear." She said and opened the door for me. The room was so spacious and beautiful and again my jaw dropped as we began to enter the room.

" Oh my god grandma! this is so amazing! I love it! thank you.." I hugged her. I was really thankful even we just got to met and be closed to each other I felt liked I knew her for a long time. She smelled just like mom. I missed her.

Teary beads fell from my cheeks and my eyes was blurry with tears and I cried in her arm.

" Oh dear what's wrong? is there anything you don't like about this room? I will called the interior again tomorrow to fix it to your liking." I shook and she looked at me confusedly.

" Grandma...I..I miss my mom." I said between the sobs and hiccups. She stunned for a while. Then she rubbed my head and stroked my hair gently. She pulled my chin to look at her. Her gorgeus old blue eyes were teary as well as mine.

" I missed her too sweety but she always be with us in here." She said as she placed her hand on chest. She's right my mom always be with me no matter what. Always.