1

Itachi Uchiha opened his eyes slowly. He had spent a major part of his evening formulating a plan of action for this solo mission. His mind came up with multiple complex solutions. But eventually he settled for the simplest one. And now was the time to put it in action. He paused to analyze his surroundings for a second. Not a soul stirred in the vicinity. All clear. He slipped out without making a sound.

The mission was very simple.

Find the dango and eat it. Easy – peasy.

The catch - it had to be done without his wife finding about it.

Yes. His wife.

When Amaya came to know that dango was his favorite thing to eat, she made sure to learn how to make them perfectly. Now she was a master at making them. She always made some for him whenever she had the time. But the ones she made for the Spring Festival were special. It had become traditional at the Uchiha Household to have the dango she made, for their Family Dinner.

She had spent the entire day in the kitchen, on her day off from the hospital, making the said dango. Needless to say, he had been banned from even entering the kitchen.

In all these years, his super sleuthing skills had rubbed off on her. It had become extremely inconvenient for him in such situations. Additionally, she was used to waking up at the smallest sounds thanks to the ungodly hours spent in the hospital and on field alike. Of course he could use his ultimate weapon, the Sharingan and put her in a genjutsu. But he wanted to win fair and square. 

Relying on the kekkai genkai to get some dango? No way! It was a matter of pride! It frustrated him to no end. 

Stay away from your wife AND the dango? 

At the same time? 

Unfair!!!

Carefully, he treaded down the stairs. Actually, sneaked would have been a better word. 

But, the Uchiha do not sneak, at least not in their own house.

He stopped to check for her presence once again. Still no movement. He took a step into the enemy territory.

His sense of smell was sharp as ever, easily managing to find out the lovely dango his wife had made. He chuckled at her feeble attempts to hide them from him. As if that was even possible!

Quickly, he piled a couple of sticks on a plate, a small smile on his face.