2

As he lifted a stick, admiring the delectable sweet, a voice addressed him. ''Put them down this instant, Uchiha!''. 

He froze at the statement, his shoulders slumping in defeat.

MISSION FAILED!!

''You are better than ever at masking your presence,'' he commented as he turned around, trying to mask his failure at stealing the dango. (!)

''Why, thank you. But I learned from the master,'' she smirked as she made her way towards him. "You have to put that back,'' she said as she took possession of the plate in his hand.

He refused to let go of the plate, staring her down.

Amaya sighed. ''Honestly Itachi, even the kids behave better.'' 

He continued to stare quietly. She shook her head. '' No means no'' she insisted.

''Just one?'' he requested as she took the plate out of his hands. ''Nope, nothing doing.'' She began to put them back in their container.

"Why not?" he crossed his arms.

"Because you don't know how to stop at just one," she said as she sealed it with the rest in tupperware. "You'll eat them all before the rest of us get a chance to. Like last year?? remember?" She shot him an accusing look.

He pursed his lips in turn but he couldn't deny the truth so he wisely stuck to silence. With a sigh he turned round to leave. There was no reason to stick around anymore.
She wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him from behind. Her closeness made him pause.

''Look Itachi. I know you will not stop at one and too much just won't be good for your health.'' They stood like that for a moment. ''we are not that young anymore,'' she whispered.

''Ok doc...maybe you are right,'' he conceded, 'but I don't agree with you on one thing.'' he said as he turned to face her.

She sighed dreamily as he gazed at her. '' What is that? '' she mumbled.

''We are still young...and you still look the same...beautiful,'' he whispered as his eyes ran over her face. One hand tugged slightly at her hair. '' This lovely brown hair .'' The other hand traced the small lines around her eyes as she smiled. ''...these crinkly lines around your eyes; you are The most beautiful woman in this world.'' He leaned in to plant a soft kiss on her lips.

''Oh. I am flattered! '' she breathed shakily as he moved away. Amaya knew what he trying to do.She shook her head. ''Nice try though... I still won't be giving you any dango.''

''You are still so stubborn. I hate you,'' he made a sad face, trying to step away from her.

She grinned. It was such a treat to see so many expressions on his usually stoic face!

''Ha ha...and you are still so cute...I love you. You can have some tomorrow, ok?'''' she promised him as she pulled him by his shirt and  kissed his lips again.He smiled into the kiss ; the dango all but forgotten.

''I ll wait up for you,'' she winked at him, sashaying out of the kitchen, without waiting for his answer. Itachi  smiled to himself as he followed her.

Failing the mission didn't seem so bad after all...

~fin