Chapter 43

A.J. P.O.V.

"So are you upset because she's dating, or are you upset because she told you that the relationship may not be fixable??"

I dropped my fork in my plate, barely finishing off my food. "Both," I said in a sigh.

"...Just the thought of her being around another nigga makes me sick to my stomach to be honest."

Mariah was silent.

"...I know we aren't together, but I ain't think she would start fuckin with other niggas this soon,"She frowned.

"Hasn't it been like 6 or 7 months since you guys broke up? That's half a year." I shook my head.

"So?? We've been together for 8 years, 6 or 7 months is moving to fast in my opinion....makes me think if she even really loved me like she said she did.."

Mariah frowned. "Boy stop," She started.

"That girl loves you, look how long she held you down, and on top of that, gave you your first child, stop with the dramatics please, just because she may be dating again, doesnt mean she lied about anything, it just means she may be ready to move on."

I sighed, pushing my plate away from me. "I know I fucked up, but what the fuck am I supposed to do?? Let her get into a new relationship? Eveybody keeps tellin me to sit back and give her her time and she may come around, but Ion see that happening, she straight up told me that she may not even want me back,"

"Well," Mariah said, in between bites.

"That was my advice to you, because I didn't want you to rush her or bombard her with all your feelings while she's trying to heal from everything, but now I see that she moving on may be apart of her healing process."

I ran a hand down my face, not wanting to get emotional. "....But I love her....ain't no way Ima just sit by and let another nigga push up on my girl,"

She sighed.

"Things don't always work out the way you want it too, especially when you're the cause of the problem."

"I know," I mumbled.

"But, it's not fair, I don't know what I have to say or do to make her believe that I would never hurt her like that again....that I would be fully committed to her and our family.....I just need to know what I can do to make her believe me."

"Im sorry AJ," Mariah said lowly.

"I know you're hurt....when you called me, I think that was the first time I've ever heard that much pain in your voice....."

I took a big deep breath, fighting back my tears. "......I can't give up on her," I started.

"I can't just watch her move on, knowing I haven't gave it 100% to win her back."

"So what are you saying?" Mariah asked, taking a sip from her drink.

"Ion know....I want to show her that I love her, and that Im sorry for hurting her, in a big way."

She lifted a brow. "Like how big are we talking?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, what do you suggest?"

She leaned back in her seat, thinking. "I don't know her like that, So I cant tell you what would be a good idea....what does she like?"

I sighed. "You know, Typical girl shit, everything that every female likes,"

She chuckled. "Okay, well you're gonna need to come a little better than that if you plan on pulling out all stops,"