009

"I am very glad you all could attend this team dinner, and I am glad to be working with such dedicated investigators like yourselves, let's cheer for more happy and successful together, you should be proud," Captain Yoon exclaimed, excitement taking over his voice. Putting up his shot cup forward, Jaein and his Alpha team copied the action, ready to cheer for the event.

The sounds of the clacking of glasses followed by constant laughs filled the crowded place as the group began eating their delicious food, Jaein joining them for sometimes before deciding to go grab a drink at the bar. Excusing himself politely, Jaein approached a space at the bar, ready to ask for another shot.

Sitting down on the stool, he looked up, aiming to ask the bartender for a drink, his eyes widening at the coincidence that occurred right in front of him, "Kayeon-ssi?" Jaein asked, surprise invading his features as the youthful woman sitting next to him looked up, her face flustered for a split second, before being changed by surprise too.

"Ah, Jaein-ssi. What a coincidence? What brings you here?" Kayeon asked, starting a conversation trying not to act suspicious when she was here for the purpose of keeping an eye on him, eventually failing to hide when he approached the counter. Jaein smiled, pointing at the people behind him.

"I am just here with my co-workers celebrating our 8th year together," Kayeon cast a look of shock on her face, still trying to his her flustered expression.

"Oh, that seems like a long time! You must be noble friends," Jaein chuckled, nodding at her statement. Looking at her again with a questioning look.

"Why are you here then? Do you like getting drunk?" Kayeon giggled, shaking her head at his assumption.

"Nah, I was just here with a friend but she left a little too early," Kayeon had a sad look on her face, trying to convince him with the statement which he nodded to.

"Well, we can grab a drink while we chat if you're not leaving," Kayeon looked up, her eyes softening.

"I was planning on going, but if you say so, a glass won't hurt." Jaein smiled at her, already asking the bartender for two shots, planning to ask her about the investigation and the gunshot after they drank a bit.

"So... How have you been?" Jaein asked, Kayeon looking at him with a tired look in her eyes.

"I have fine, just trying to recover and stuff..." She said, nervousness glazing her sweet voice.

"I hope that's been going well. Are you settling well?" Kayeon nodded, drinking from her glass as Jaein did the same, their talks progressing slowly as both got drunker. The two suspicious people began talking alongside each other, laughing here and there and sharing funny moments as their head got tipsy, their eyes getting blurry as they drank more, both of them enjoying themselves even more under the effect of the drink.