The text

Hi, I'm Rosie Bluu and I'm just your typical punk girl at school...I
may get stares from people, but I don't really mind. My best friends are always there to help me along the way. Especially this summer. I didn't really tell anyone, but I am going through an extreme state of depression. I have cut myself in the past, and it was hard to get over that. However, there was one person that's was getting me through it and that was Alex Lang. I heard my phone make a ding. I expected it to be a text from Alex, as he usually texted me at about this time. Today I wasn't in the mood to really talk so I just replied with a quick "hi."

Alex😎
What's wrong dude? You seem sad what's up?

Don't ask me how I got his number it just kind of happened, but I wouldn't dare tell my friends and nearly would he..Since we are in different social classes...

Rosie:)
Nothing just a little depressed is all.

Alex😎
Is there anything I can do?

That was it, it was all down hill from there I had talked about how I self harmed in the past. He had said that it was dumb and to never do it again, but after that day something happened. I realized I could trust him.
Everyday that summer, I would spill about what had happened that day and over time, the Alex Lang had known about all my secrets...and honestly, I was okay with that.

--------
As the summer passed on we would talk less and less. I actually started to miss his sweet way with words. When I sent a text, my arms would tingle with eagerness, and my mouth would have a huge grin on it permanently.
One day he finally texts after weeks of not talking.

Alex 😎
Hey.

Rosie :)
Dude, how have you been?

Alex 😎
Nothing much.

Rosie:)
Well since we have a lot of catching up, want to play the question game?

Alex 😎
Sure, shoot!
---
The questions went back and forth between us starting off with what's your fav color, to, who's your crush? This, was the question that changed our friendship forever
----
You probably expected us to confess our love for each other or whatever, but no.

Alex😎
I 😍😍 Liz

Rosie :)
Oh that's cool! I kinda like Jack, but I don't know what our relationship is like rn.

Of course he would like Liz, one of the most popular, elegant girls ever. She's like a frickin princess

Alex😎
Ya, we've liked each other for a while now.

Rosie:)
That's pretty cool...well I'll talk to you tomorrow goodnight

I wasn't actually going to sleep it just took me awhile to process this.. Why had he never told me he had a crush on Liz and why them...together?! That's not a good match, the basketball player and the proper cheerleader who has never done anything gross in her life, ew.

Maybe I don't like Jack, but I had to say something to Alex after he told me he liked Liz.

Jack and I had a "thing" for an entire year, but we recently haven't been talking, and I don't know if he's ignoring me or just doesn't want to be seen with me anymore. It's kind of complicated, but he wants to be a part of the popular people. He'll do whatever it takes to get there whether that means ditching his old self or ditching me.
------
EDITING CREDITS: michelwilliams