chapter 1

Lost.

That's what I felt. Moving was never something I enjoyed to say the least. It had been like this my whole entire life. From city to city, and house to house, my life sort of never settled. My family had been from Chicago to Atlanta. Los Angeles to Miami. And now, it was New York City.
I had always begged and pleaded for my parents to lets us move to a small town. A more rural area, not urban. But, my dad loved his money and his big cities.

It's not like my mother could ever convince him. It was always about my dad and what he wanted. My sister, Georgia, and I just had to do what he wanted us to do and that's how my life went.

I was 18, going on 19 in about a month and a half. June 26th. My birthday was always a big thing in my house. I was my parents' first child so I guess that they really sort of 'honored' me.

You may be wondering, why haven't you moved out of the house? Trust me, if I could, I would. Since it's summer, my family has always spent it together at either our beach house, or our home in the Rocky Mountains. So, I agreed to staying one more summer with them, and after that, I was out-.

A gasp from Georgia snapped me out of my thoughts. My eyes directed themselves to her surprised and astonished face. Her petite hand pointed out my car window, shaking and stiff.

I looked over and there it sat on the other side of the large body of water. Our home. It was beautiful and elegant. The mansion was modern, but I could tell it had an old history behind it.

The range rover cruised down a long narrow drive way with beautiful weeping willow trees on each side. Yeah, all of our houses were nice. But this. This was outstanding.

After about 2 minutes of driving, we finally pulled up to the new house. The only way I agreed to moving to this place was the giant lake that it stood before. It even had a beach area.

"No fucking way this is our house." I said in surprise.

"Violet Elizabeth Reynolds! Language!" My mother looked at me with a scowl. She always has that look around me. Georgia has always seemed to be her favorite for reason unknown.

The car slowly pulls around a big fountain and stops by 2 sets of stairs. 3 mens rush out of the giant set of wooden doors and go directly to the moving truck behind us.

"We have butlers?" Georgia gasps again.

"Sure we do, hun. We have maids as well. A house this big can't clean itself." My dad chimes in with a sing song voice. I knew we had money but not this much. A man that looks to be around his twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes opens my door for me. I smile at him and step out.
My converse hit the gravel with a crunching sound.

Georgia already stares at the man who opened my door with a look of adoration. She rushes to my side and whisper into my ear.
"Who is that?!"

"Obviously one of our butlers, idiot." I roll my eyes, mumbling.

"Well no shit, I meant what's his name?"

"Ask him? I could not give a shit." I remark.

"No you."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes!"

"Oh my god, fine! Hey, you!" I yell. The blonde turns his head and looks at us questionably.

"What's your name?" I ask. His eyes widen and he looks to another man who looks slightly older. I think that could be his dad or his brother. I'm not sure.