Darkness x And x Light

A/N: For anyone who doesn't know, I've been playing around with the idea of a Naruto and Hunter x Hunter crossover for a while; literally because one night I randomly had a dream where Kurapika ended up dating my Naruto OC Rori lol.

It was very stupid.

But I went wild with it anyway.

Rori Greene is Gaara's daughter, and her mother is Harley Greene, my other Naruto OC. So in a sense, this is a continuation of my previous Naruto fics, taking place a little after the current next generations/Boruto era.

(Kurapika does NOT die in the upcoming arc, idc what anyone says or what might be implied. Don't come at me with your negativity.)

So uh... it's been quite a while since I've written a heavily faith-based fic, but just a heads up, that's what this is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the last survivor of the Kurta clan.

My entire clan was annihilated by a band of criminals.

I wish to become a hunter and hunt down that band, the Phantom Troupe.

So I've sworn to capture the Phantom Troupe... and recover the eyes of my clan!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

He finally did it. His personal mission was accomplished.

Kurapika Kurta, now 21 years old, was lying on the floor, staring at the dark ceiling. He had been living in a vacant unit at the Nostrade mansion, where he safely stored the retrieved eyes of his deceased clan members.

He had barely come out alive from his final mission. Once he had all of the eyes, he had a private funeral for all of the clan members. And after that he just... isolated. He kept in contact with no one. He mostly just stayed inside, lost in thought. Drowning without a purpose. Tormented by guilt.

That's not to say that he didn't think about his old friends often. Leorio, Gon, Killua... former friends, he figured. He hadn't spoken to them in years. He ignored their calls and all other attempts to contact him. He figured they hated him for that; or at the very least, had disregarded him and moved on. Especially after he found out about what happened to Gon a couple years prior and how awful he felt for not being there.

And surely they wouldn't want him as a friend if they learned of the... shady and aggressive methods he had to resort to in order to retrieve some of the eyes. Looking back, he couldn't seem to remember why he felt any of it was necessary; why it felt so important. The logic just wasn't there anymore. But it was too late.

Truthfully, he hadn't been keeping his distance from his friends solely to minimize distractions from his mission. He just couldn't bear the idea of them getting hurt again, or killed, by the Troupe. Not after what happened last time they tried to help him. It was better that they hated him but were alive and safe, than to have stayed in touch and potentially died.

Now it was all over. He had no friends or family. And he was left with the painful, lingering question of, "now what?"

His mission was accomplished and he had never felt emptier in his life.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

It was another quiet day at the Nostrade mansion.

"Hey. Have you seen Kurapika lately?" one servant asked another.

"No, I haven't. He's always cooped up in that unit on the top floor. Hardly ever comes out."