Me and you, Charlie?

They needed a break. That's what Wonka thought when he saw Charlie sat at his desk in the imagining room, crying and breathing heavily, it took him about an hour to calm the little boy down. They definitely needed a break. So the next day, wonka let Charlie sleep in, he made him breakfast in bed, and in the afternoon, they went to the park. "You excited, Charlie?" Wonka asked. "Yeah!" Charlie exclaimed, starting to run down the street. "Kid! Wait up!" He shouted, running after him. Wonka picked up the small boy in overalls, and twirled him around. "aah! Stop! Too fast!" Charlie giggled. Wonka chuckled and put him down.

They eventually arrived at the park, Charlie immediately ran into the playground and over to the swings. "Do you want me to push you?" Mr Wonka asked. "Nah, I'm good!" Charlie said, trying to get the swing to "work". After a while, he gave up, helplessly wiggling his legs. Wonka ran behind the swing and began to push him. "Better?" He asked him, laughing. "Better!" Charlie responded, giggling and kicking his legs. A few minutes later, Charlie fell off the swing and landed with an "oof." "Woah! Are you okay?" He asked. Charlie nodded and ran over to the slide. He started to climb up it. "Uh, buddy, I don't think that's how slides work!" He chuckled. Charlie giggled and ran to the top of the slide, he gave Wonka an evil grin. "Uh Charlie? What are you.." Wonka was cut off by Charlie jumping onto him "AAAAAH!" Wonka pretended to be scared of the small boy wrapped around him. "Gotcha!" Charlie said. Wonka placed him down on a bench. "Kiddo, I'm gonna go and get us some soda, stay right here, okay?" He said,
"Okay!" Charlie replied, hugging the taller man. He sighed as Wonka walked away.

Wonka groaned, the cafe was closed, he had just walked all that way for nothing! He walked back over to the bench where he left Charlie. But something was missing "Charlie?" He called out. "Charlie?! Where are you?!" He cried out, he was panicking. He ran over to a woman, who was playing with her kid. "Uh..hi...can you please help me? I've lost my little boy, he's wearing overalls and he's quite short.." Wonka explained. "Sorry pal, can't help ya." The woman said. Wonka just whimpered and walked off. "Charlie..." he mumbled. "What if he's hurt?" He muttered. He missed him so much.

Charlie sobbed. He was lost, he went looking for Wonka, because he was starting to get anxious, but ended up getting lost. He curled up on the ground and hugged his knees. "Charlie?!" Wonka cried out. Charlie looked up and sobbed as a response. Wonka ran over to him and picked him up. "Shh...don't cry...it's okay..you're safe now.." he whispered, combing a hand through Charlie's hair. "I'm s-sorry.." Charlie whimpered, clinging to the taller man. "Don't be sorry, sweetie..." Wonka soothed. Charlie was panicking, his breathing was getting heavier. He started to aggressively scratch at his hand, he did this when he was anxious. Wonka took his hand away. "Kid, don't do that.." he whispered. Charlie just sobbed. "Charlie, breathe with me, okay?" Wonka said, rubbing circles on his back. Charlie's breathing slowed down to a regular pace. He started whimpering. "Wonka..?" He whispered, his voice cracking. "Yeah?" Wonka replied softly, wiping Charlie's tears away with his thumb. "My hand really hurts.." Charlie said, holding up his hand, scratches and bruises all over it. "Hm...do you want me to kiss it better?" He said in a dumb voice. "Mhm." Charlie stated, a serious look on his face. He wasn't joking. Wonka just smiled at the smaller boy and took his hand, he then gave it a small kiss, smiling at the fact that Charlie was 11 years old, and he still needed "magic kisses" to make things better. Charlie was getting tired, he yawned and buried his face in Wonka's chest. "I'm tired..can we go home?" He mumbled. "Sure, kiddo.." Wonka said.

By the time they got to the factory, Charlie had fallen asleep. Wonka smiled, and took Charlie to his room, that had been built in a few weeks after the tour. He tucked Charlie into bed, and kissed his forehead. "Sweet dreams, Charlie." He whispered, leaving the room.

Hi! I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! And remember, you can always request things for me to write! Also, happy pride month!
~Ethan🏳️‍🌈