Wreckage

Y/n sprinted down the streets of cappy town with Meta Knight close behind her. She came to a violent halt at the salty ocean water on the beach. She panted as she scanned the sparkling waves, Meta Knight landed softly beside her.

  "You're looking for your ship aren't you Y/n?" Meta Knight muttered. "Yup." Y/n didn't hesitate, she ran straight into the open water and dove deep. Meta Knight took a step back in shock before kicking off the ground and heading for the water.

  He hovered just above the water where she dove, scanning the dark ocean for any sign of y/n. He hesitantly lowered himself towards the water, it wasn't that he was scared, it's just that he was never fond of swimming. But with careful, slow swoops of his wings, Meta Knight landed in the water and took a deep breath.

   Y/n didnt' know why this was the right spot in the water to start looking, but she continued to paddle her way deeper under the water. Her wings were dead weight, and they were halting most of her progress, dragging her up to the surface little by little. She pushed hard against the water, which grew darker with every push farther down.  She felt her lungs about to explode, she loosed the breath she was holding in a huff and opened her wings to help float her up quickly.

   Y/n sprung up from the water, startling her commander who was right beside her. She whipped her head around a few times to shake her hair out of her face and gasped for air.

"Y/N!" Meta Knight gasped.
"Sir Meta Knight," Y/n panted. "What are you doing?" The Knight exclaimed, "Why did you just dive into the water?"
"Apologies, Sir." Y/n breathed, "I believe this is the crash sight of my ship."
"You believe, but you don't know for sure." The knight sighed. "I'm afraid so," Y/n muttered, her arms stroking the water. "Nobody knows how deep these waters are Y/n, and a ship would sink straight to the bottom." Meta Knight informed. "We couldn't possibly make it down there just by ourselves."
"Something tells me that I can." Y/n breathed.
"Alone?"
"Maybe..." Y/n stared at the ink black sea below her. She felt the same tugging at her brain, a memory.
"Y/n I know I said that I'd help you, but for now we must get outside assistance for this." Meta Knight followed her gaze to the abyss below them. "I'm afraid you and I are not capable of such a quest on our own." Y/n merely shook her head. "I feel like I need to do this by myself." She whispered before plunging back into the dark depths of the ocean.

"Y/n!" Meta Knight cried out, but the girl was gone, swimming deeper until she was eventually out of sight.

Y/n could feel the itch in her brain, the memories aching to be unlocked. It was like a constant screaming in her head that she couldn't silence, but for some reason it seemed to become more peaceful the farther down she swam. Eventually there was silence in her head, she felt her foot touch the sandy ocean floor, but she couldn't see. It was so dark. Y/n should've been afraid, she should've been terrified that something could've easily closed its mouth around her and she'd be gone. But she wasn't. She felt oddly safe, like she knew that nothing would hurt her, because she knew that they wouldn't have the gall to try.

Y/n felt the pressure on her lungs building, but she started to bounce across the ocean floor. She had a strange sense of direction when looking for her ship, she couldn't see or hear but she just knew. She continued her trek along the sandy floor until she hit something. Y/n knocked on it cautiously, hearing the sound of hollow metal. She felt the busted glass and stuck her hand through the broken windshield, she felt around the control panel looking for something specific. She felt the small hard drive and pulled it out of its slot, she pulled the sting on the end of it around her neck. Eventually she was forced to release the breath she was holding. Y/n started to panic, she was far too deep underwater to reach the surface in time to get air. She clutched at her throat and tried to kick off the sea floor.

Meta Knight cursed, "she's been under water for too long" He took a deep breath, and pushed his small round body down deep under water. He swam for what felt like too long before he encountered y/ns lifeless body, floating to the surface. He choked on his breath and quickly swam to the surface, holding the girl by her arms. He gasped, swallowing heavy breaths of air when he breached the surface. He slung y/ns arms over his shoulders and swam back to shore.

Meta Knight laid her lifeless body on the shore, "she's not breathing" he quickly pressed his sopping wet gloves on y/ns chest and began compressions. He was out of breath, but he still kept pressing. He leaned in, lifting up his mask and pressing his lips against hers.

Y/n's eyes shot open, her body started convulsing. Meta Knight pulled away from her as she leaned to the side and threw up all the water in her body. She heaved herself back over on to the sand, taking in heavy gulps of air, as she laid down.

"Thank you...sir.." Y/n panted.
"What were you thinking y/n?" Meta Knight breathed.

"I was thinking that I wanted to find out who I am." Y/n grinned as she dangled the small USB on the string from her hand.