Prequel: Important Information Included

A/N- Alright I know you guys want to read so I'll make this short and sweet. This is my first book. Don't judge. Okay now that that's over, enjoy! (the first half is kind of boring, but as it goes on it get's better)

Warning: a teensy bit of language

"Hey Mom, is it okay if I go get coffee with Cameron this morning?" There was no response. Hm, weird. "Mom?" I shouted as I wandered around the house.

"In the living room." I heard her shout back. As I entered the room I came face to face with my mother looking as guilty as ever and immediately got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. "Hey sweetie, I think you should come and sit, we need to talk." She patted the spot next to her on the couch.

Oh no, this can't be good. "Whatever you need to tell, I am here for you and you know that. I mean it can't possibly be as bad as the day Dad told me he was leaving us to run off with some supermodel chick. Right? I mean that was a pretty rough night and I don't think anything can top that. That is unless yo-"

"Sweetheart you're rambling," my Mom interrupted while embracing me in a hug that I willingly returned. "Listen, I know that it's been hard ever since your Father left and I think this house is tainted with far too many painful memories so-" She paused and I got extremely worried. "God why is this so hard," she mumbled to herself. "So, I've decided to take a job in Queens, New York meaning we have to move."

"Oh. Oh." I was definitely not expecting that and I could feel my eyes start to tear up. I mean what was I going to do? I was going to be a Junior in high school and now have to move to a completely new state, go to an entirely different school, and leave everything I've ever known behind. We're probably going to move at the end of summer because then I'll be able to say my goodbyes to everyone, especially my best friend Cameron.

"We're leaving this Friday too." This Friday!? Just when I thought this situation couldn't get any worse. Friday was in three days! How am I going to say bye to everyone in three fricking days? I needed some time to think. I needed to tell someone and get this horrible news off of my chest.

"I'm gonna go," I stood up and grabbed my keys. "I-I'm sorry Mom, I just need to wrap my head around this." As soon as the warm sun hit my face I bolted to my car and started to drive, giving me some time to think this over. I ended up going to meet Cameron at our favorite coffee shop, Cafe de Luné since I had nowhere else to go and I just needed to see my best friend.

"Hey girlie! Took you long enough!" Cam wrapped me in a giant bear hug. Oh, how she always gave the best hugs; man am I going to miss that. I couldn't tell whether it was her hug or the smell of my favorite coffee, that I was going to miss so much, but I just broke down in tears. I couldn't hold it in any longer, I couldn't be strong no matter how much I wanted to be.

"Oh my god Y/N, what happened?" That just made me sob even more. I usually don't cry and when I do I never, and I mean never, do it in front of people so I must have been worrying her quite a bit right now. "Hey, everything is going to be ok you hear me?" We stayed in this position for what felt like forever but eventually pulled away because I realized we were in the middle of a cafe and I could feel eyes on me. I wiped my tears and sat down across from Cam.

"I-I have some bad news Cam and I don't think you're going t-to like it." I managed to get out, choking back the tears begging to spill.

"Is it Liam? Do I have to beat up Liam for you?" Damn, I didn't even think about that. That's a whole other problem. My boyfriend Liam went away to London for the week to visit family so I won't be able to see him or say bye.