Episode 1: Fly on the wall (part 1)

"I will not revert back to installing routers." Walter tossed the cloth over his shoulder after cleaning some oil from his hands. He'd been spending the greatest remainder of the week working on his latest project. 

Jobs had decreased since the arrival of team centipede and scorpion 2.0 despite being 'improved' was lacking assignments. Especially now Homeland preferred team Centipede due to its variety of specialisations. 

That's why the genius latest occupation had been the improvement of a satellite he'd been working on with Ralph, before Paige decided to leave. After the successful launch of the rocket, they'd decided to give a satellite a try, considering contacting 'Cassie' to measure up solar storms didn't meet their demands.

"Son, this is a job. Scorpion needs the money, without the extra Homeland income we won't be able to make ends meet this month." Cabes eyes dropped to the pile of unpaid bills that kept growing. It wasn't his biggest forte but Cabe had insisted to help Walter out, taking on some of the administrative tasks from Paige. Which was a better option than to hire Ray, it had taken Paige long enough to get a decent order back in the paperwork. Splitting the work was the most efficient option.

Walter headed over to Cabe, placing his hands beside Cabe's laptop taking a glance at whatever assignment he was trying to arrange. Apparently a nearby venue was facing great financial loss due to the wifi signal he strengthened at Nemos diner. The consultant hired to fix the problem had contacted Scorpion to deal with the matter. To Cabes great joy. He'd been staring at that computer screen, waiting for anything other than junk mail to pop in the mailbox.

"Can't they just hire a tech company?" Walt stated as he pulled away from the table, his hand resting upon his hip. In the back of the garage Florence hid her head safely behind the fridge having heard the sharp tone in Walters voice, a clear sign of the bickering that was about to take place.

"We sort of are a tech company Walt." Cabe could see the frustration rise in the genius' eyes.

"We're Scorpion! A team of g..." Walter quit abruptly as he realised that Scorpion was no longer a team of geniuses, he was the only one left.

"Don't call it a tech company." Cabe rolled his eyes in annoyance at Walters comment. "Walt, not the point here. We need the money, son." Cabe raised a few of the unpaid bills. 

"You're a genius do the math." Walter folded his arms across his chest sending Cabe a stern look.

"Scorpion survived without the big money before." The radars in Walters head started spinning, Scorpion had survived but on exactly this kind of jobs. And his former friends that made it more bearable. Happy hacking the power supply, providing them with electricity. The thought of his former friends and Scorpion members made something stir inside. 

A gentle sting pierced through the genius' chest, absentmindedly Walter ran his hand across his chest a few times trying to soothe it. Cabes irritation grew with the second, Walters stubbornness was really testing his boundaries. If it were anyone else he'd already told them to stick it up their asses. The two ended up engaging in a staring contest. A soft groan escaped Walters lips in agony as he caved in.

"Fine, I'm on it." Walter tossed the cloth on his desk before he started to pack up his things. Why he had to do such a rookie job remained a riddle to him. It wasn't as if updating that router was going to change the world. Within two weeks there was a huge job he would be bidding on. He'd finished preparing his pitch last night. That was going to make a change, he was certain. 

Walter refused to admit that he only took the bidding on the job because he knew Paige was going to be there. That would have been an emotional decision and emotional decisions aren't rational, therefore not good.