Dance Monkey

Carmen danced in front of the crowd,drowning her troubles in the music. She could barely remember what life was like before she joined the circus. To remember what it was like was painful so she didn't do it often. The memories of screams and cries were too much for the poor girl. Despite what most people thought,it was Carmen's idea and choice to become a dancer in the circus. It was...easier. She didn't have to worry about what others thought because they couldn't get to her up here,in her own world. 

"A'round of applause for Miss Car-Cat the dance queen! Next up is-"

Carmen walked off stage in a daze. Had it really finished so quickly? Clearly it had as Ol' Jimbo was getting ready for his act. Oh well,guess she would just have to go to her caravan for a while. She ran past the monkeys and other animal acts and around the bend of the campsite for the week. Ready to jump,Carmen caught sight of the branch. She pushed her feet off of the ground and felt herself rising in the air. Grasping the branch,Carmen swung forwards,towards her caravan. As agile as a swan she landed on the ball of her feet outside the door of her portable home,arms spread out at her sides. She opened the door and entered the purple and green spotted trailer,dreaming of tomorrows show. Perhaps she could use an animal like a parrot to add to it? She'd play around with the idea later at night but for now she needed to get something to eat. Sticking to her diet,Carmen grabbed an apple and a glass of smooth slimming strawberry shake. On second thoughts,she put down the apple and picked up a small packet of cocktail sausages. Then she sat down in her comfy black chair and hummed to herself while sketching possible future outfits. A split tail here,a button there and a whole butt-load of feathers on every dress,skirt and shirt. Carmen could draw for hours if left alone. Sadly, this was not going to be the case tonight. Out front a girl was knocking on the door of the very eccentricity decorated caravan. Sighing,she got up and went to the door.