Date ∞ 01

It's always the one we love, who breaks us...

∞ꨄ︎∞

𝑨𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒂 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒖𝒑, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒚𝒂𝒍 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒔 𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒍 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒅. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑.

∞ꨄ︎∞

Dani got up from bed promptly to prepare for the commemoration day of the late father of Shun-her longtime boyfriend. She stood up before her dresser's mirror wearing her black collared dress that hangs below the knee. She checks her minimal make-up: natural skin tint, a coral shade of lip tint, and a light shade of eyebrow and smiles.

"Dani!" She looked back hearing her name loudly called by her Mom. She smiled once more and finger-combed her black shoulder-length locks before she picked up her white sling bag and headed down.

While on her way down the stairs, Dani heard her Mom call her out once again. "Dani, are you still not done? Come down here and eat!" She could perceive the utensils coming from their dining table and the delicious smell of her Mom's cooking. She smiled delightedly.

"I'm here!" She said cheerfully. "Ooh! That smells delicious!" She bent her body a little forward to their dining table to take a whiff of the food. "This is Tan's favorite." She looked at her Mom as she asked, "Are you guys going to bring this to him?"

Her Mom smiled and told her, "Of course. He always craves it. You know that guy."

"Are you guys going to head to the airport after visiting him?"

"Yup, everything is already prepared." Her Mom then chuckled and gazed at her Dad with the look of teasing. "I think your Dad packed his entire dressing." Dani grinned at that.

Unaffected by the palpable teasing, Dani's father just kept his eyes on the newspaper he's reading and replied. "It's better to be always prepared. It's an out-of-the-country trip."

"Alright, alright," Her Mom dismissed her teasing, having her Dad smiling as he read.

Dani lovingly gazes at her parents with a smile. "Ok. Just send my regards to Tan and tell him I will visit him by next month."

"Sure."

"Take your seat now and have your breakfast." Dani heard her father say. She looked at him knowing that his attention is now on her. "I'm sorry but I can't join you for breakfast today. I already have to go. How do I look by the way?" She cheerfully swirls around presenting herself.

Her Mom and Dad watch her with pride.

"You look gorgeous as always, darling." Her Mom approved of her attire with that endearing gaze every Mom has for their child.

"You look gorgeous whatever clothes you wear, sweetheart." Her Dad gave her two thumbs-up.

Those genuine praises coming from the lips of her loving parents never fail to flatter her heart and put a smile on her face. "Thank you! You guys are really the best!" It's her turn now to return their warm affection with her gratified embrace on them.

"By the way, is Shun not going to pick you up?" Her Mom asked.

"Right. He used to fetch you every year they commemorate his father's death."