Part One

Y/n was at her boyfriend's apartment for the week, but before she could go back home, the streets were no longer safe. Police officers threatened the lives of people and protesters were everywhere.

"Mom, I'm fine! How many times do I have to tell you?" Y/n was talking over the phone. "I can't just go back to Chicago, it's too dangerous. I'm better off at Zach's place, right Zach?" She held the phone to her boyfriend, signaling for him to talk to her mom.

"Uhh... yeah, mrs Jones, I'll take care of your daughter, we're not even gonna go outside"

After y/n finished talking with her mother, she sat next to Zach and gave him neck kisses. "It is okay that I stay here, right? You know you can tell me anything"

"...yeah. Yeah, i-it's totally fine, babe. I'm just gonna be a little busy doing college stuff"

"Right, yeah same hahaha." She replied. "Well, luckily all of my stuff is already here, we're gonna have a great time!" He nodded in agreement.

"Can we share your office? For my online classes on Monday?"

"No!... sorry. I mean, maybe you can use the living room? Or dining room? I really need to concentrate"

"Oh, okay, sorry" she looked disappointed

"I didn't mean to upset you, I'm just having a hard time studying" he held her hands and kissed her.

Y/n was worried about him, in the last few days he would spend most of the day locked in his office. She didn't think he was failing anything, he was really smart and always had really good grades. What was going on? She had to do something. "Not now" she thought. "I'll go to his office tomorrow and help him".