Chapter 34

Jennie

"We can sneak out to go to clubs but we can't escape this damn hell." I sighed, brushing my hands on my face, feeling the urge of crying.

I want to scream. Why does it have to be me and Lisa? Even if she says that she will protect me, I don't even know how will I protect her too. I tried everything but these abilities aint enough to protect her. Everyone's getting involve just because they want me to be safe. I don't even know why.

"You and Lisa should go. We'll take care of everything here." Jisoo patted my shoulder and hugged me. "Don't worry about us, at least if we die, you can take revenge for our death if both of you will stay alive." She added and chuckled.

"Shut up, that's not even funny." I glared at her and she immediately pursed her lips. She zipped her mouth and gave me a thumbs up before taking a step back.

"I'm just going to check the whole building." Chaeyoung said. "The guys went outside to take a look around the campus."

"I'm going with you." Jisoo muttered. We all looked at them and Chaeyoung just gave us an awkward smile. "What?" Jisoo asked, raising her brows.

Then I remembered what they did before the bloody night.

"N-nothing. You can go." I replied and tried to brush the thoughts off of my mind.

Afterwards, the two disappeared. I was left in the room with Lisa.

She was quiet. She was looking out of the window, staring blankly at the students walking around the campus.

I stood up and walked beside her.

"Love." I mumbled. She suddenly looked at me, soft and loving. She caressed the side of my face and I closed my eyes to feel that. "I'm scared."

"I'm scared too. Not for myself but for you. If you're the target, they will include me too but I don't care about that." Her eyes are full of worries as she stared at me. "But if I'm the target, you'll get involve too. There's no other way around, you'll still be in danger and that what scares me the most."

I swallowed back a lump. She's right. The only thing we have to do now is to stay alive. Stay alive until we get out of this place and once we manage to escape, we still have to stay alive and protect each other outside.

I wrapped my arms around her body and she hugged me back. With this, I feel safe.

The sun has fully risen as the bloody night ended. There were dead bodies all over the campus. I feel sorry for those who have died. When you look around, this is like a battlefield, you'll go on fight, but you're not even sure if you will survive. You won't know who are your allies or even your enemies.

There was a short silence after.

"Lisa." I called her and she looked down on me.

"Hmm?" She only hummed in response.

I let out a sigh, hesitating if I should ask her about the thing happened between her and Charry. The one that Myth told me.

"Hey, what is it?" She asked, holding my chin up and stare at my eyes.

"Is Charry still bothering you?"

That wasn't the question I wanted to ask her but I don't know why the fuck that came from my mouth.

"No. Why did you ask?"

No? That's not what I heard.

"Actually..." I trailed off. I have to be honest, I have to be straightforward. "I heard some rumours saying that someone saw you and Charry at the abandoned building, kissing." I said and I saw how she reacted. "Is that true?"