Protest Safety w/ DaiSuga

Suga stood at his daughter's door with worry. He knew his husband and her fought about going to protest for the Black Lives Matter movement. Daichi didn't want her to go for her own safety, but the girl refused to stand down on her beliefs.

It was so heated that at one point Daichi simply spat that he regretted moving to America.

Now, as the mediator, Sugar waited awkwardly at her door, pondering on the right method to go about the situation. He had looked up some articles on the peaceful protests to find some help or advice and found some things that may help. Like how to turn a shirt into a mask and to fully treat your face after being sprayed with mace and teargas.

Raising a unsure fist, he knocked on the door, waiting for the young teen to answer. She peeked the door open moments later, peering up to face her dad through the tiny slit.

"You here to yell at me too? I want to go fight for rights that people should have. Nothing you can say will stop me," she brazed, puffing her chest out with pride and confidence.

Suga smiled lightly, welcoming the sight warmly. "No," he whispered, pulling out a freshly washed T-Shirt of his, "I wanted to help you prepare safely. Your dad is just worried for you. He watches the news before bed, keeping tags on the protests because he knows you're a huge supporter. I won't stop you and I think its a wonderful thing for you to stand up for what you believe in."

His daughter stared at him shocked. Her forty-year-old adoptive father stood before her, supporting her wants. Supporting her. "Well, what about dad, pa? He won't like that you're helping me," she urged, opening the doorway fully to embrace her father's presence warmly.

"Daichi? He'll be fine. Plus, I'm going with you," Sugar announced lightly, waving the shirt around, "it's for me. You should get one of your big shirts too."

The teen was shocked at his words. "Pa, you shouldn't go with me... I don't want dad to be upset with you," she pushed, disapproving the thought of her father following her into a cold war with Daichi.

"He won't be. I've already talked to him and he's looking up safety and information right now. He'll also join us. He says its so he can protect us, but I know he's just as inspired to speak out against the brutality as you are. It's just how he is... That and he yells at the TV every time he sees the cops do bad stuff to protestors," Suga explained, entering his daughter's room. "Here, let me help you form the T-shirt into a mask. We have safety goggles too."

I hope this isn't seen as too insensitive. I was gonna do another corona safety chapter, but this seemed more important. Pleasesupport one another and help fight for the rights of the minority :)